VMR9 Incorrect Brightness / Gamma for Video (2 Viewers)

anything

Portal Member
April 20, 2005
Perth, Australia
if you have an ATI card go to the colour page, change desktop to fullscreen 3D and change the brightness/contrast there. this way the desktop stays the same.

I either use CyberLink, nVidia or Zulu DxVA HDTV. CyberLink works well with 7HD, Zulu is the smoothest for 1080i content. Set to FILM or Weave.

Ever since i got my Fusion card 1080i channels always had combing artifacts. Not the normal comb/mice teeth but a wavy edge. This would only happen with DxVA decoders for some reason. Forcing Weave fixed the problem and after finding out that even on 1080i channels most programs are progressive i just kept it on weave. After setting the decoder to weave i noticed that 7HD which is progressive was alot sharper and less pixelated. So i came to the conclusion that even the best deinterlacers (nVidia) couldnt detect when the content was progressive. It seems that the same is true for some DVD's. The only downside is that SOME ads are interlaced so you get combing, but who watches ads anyway.

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    Taipan:
    You can access the PureVideo contols from the little nVIDIA icon in the System Tray when the decoder is in use.

I have installed the nVIDIA PureVideo codec ( v.....185, 20MB file) but i don't see this icon. After installation a don't found any icons. Only an folder in \programs\....
    In MP i can select the nVIDIA codec in TV, video and DVD.

anything:

You can access the PureVideo contols from the little nVIDIA icon in the System Tray when the decoder is in use.

but in this way, the desktop looks dark :?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thkogel said:
    I have installed the nVIDIA PureVideo codec, but i don't see this icon.
    The nVIDIA icon only appears when the video decoder is in use - so you have to be watching TV or a DVD and then the icon will appear.

Alternately, you can use GraphEdit to "connect to the remote graph" and adjust the parameters from the nVIDIA filter properties.... :)

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    ... so you have to be watching TV or a DVD and then the icon will appear.
    In window mode, too? I have only testet in window mode. In fullscreen the taskbar is hidden.

I allways use 'Exclusive DirectX Mode for full screen tv/video'.
    If I turn it off, there are some effects like tearing.

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    The nVidia Codec is working, but only for mpeg2 of course.
    I think it's an problem - or a little but - of MP.
    All other programs shows the correct color and brightness.
    Is there no way to insert a filter in the graph to correct the values for all videos with all codecs?

YYota

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2005
    I found a solution: use ffdshow for videos, tv, dvd and set it up to correct the brightness of the picture. This way all video material played will be darker.

The downside is that the cpu usage is higher and I have a bug where sometimes I cannot resume playing a video when ffdshow is enabled :-( Screen goes dark and I can't get any image back. Only solution is to do a hard reboot!

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    this way isn't so good yyota, sorry.

Is there a way to display the graph when MP ist playing a video or tv?
    then insert or change filters an set it into MP. It's only an idea :?

YYota

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2005
    I definitively solved it thanks to a mix of 2 propositions here.

1. I use anything's solution: settings of fullscreen 3D. This works for all videos except on dvds.

2. For dvds, I use the nvidia decoder. The settings don't affect the picture much, have to move the slider all the way but it works.

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this thread! My enjoyement of MP got higher than ever :)

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    Hi Yyota:

I don't unterstand exact your way.
    Please write me your setting in the ati ccc.
    Thanks a lot!

anything

Portal Member
    April 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    YYota said:
    I definitively solved it thanks to a mix of 2 propositions here.

1. I use anything's solution: settings of fullscreen 3D. This works for all videos except on dvds.

2. For dvds, I use the nvidia decoder. The settings don't affect the picture much, have to move the slider all the way but it works.

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this thread! My enjoyement of MP got higher than ever :)

thats odd, it worked with DVD's for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom