VMR9 problems in 1.0.1: videofiles won't play anymore (1 Viewer)

saticoyo

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
I found the problem, if I change back the DVD navigation to the Media Portal default, will work perfect. if I change back to Cyber Link Navigator, will fail playing video with any codec...The only relation possible is that my videos are in DVD format in the folders...

Then how can I play my videos from my videos folder under My Videos Menu and using cyberlink DVD navigator on DVD menu?

Thanks!

Well, I ask myself: why using cyberlink instead of the standard mediaportal dvd navigator?
You could try to use the codecs of cyberlink with the mediaportal interface, it's explained somewhere in this forum how to do that (i can imagine that you would like to have hardware support, but for what i know now that is a problem). or i could be completely wrong, i havent said anything if thats the case.

Im going to test mediaportal 1.0.1 on a 780g, 3200 radeon with directx10 support and a 4850e processor.

My conclusion: it indeed is a directx problem, the software is build for directx9, and i have directx7.
I dont know about the others, but for me it simply is old hardware.

I hope the next mediaportal release will be directx7 compatible again.

Yes You right but the problem is that I upgraded from previous version just to have blue-ray and HD DVD playback using the new feature on 1.0.1, that allow us to use cyberlink DVD navigator and that works for DVDs and Bluerays, etc.. but then my videos won't play.. I think DVD navigator does not have to make any influence in how to play videos on My Videos Menu or just MP team may provide a different navigator configuration for each menus.

Miocardio

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
It's a great problem! There are a lot notebook with basic gpu and i think that is impossible that MP no work ( buy new notebook for see a tv channel?) . I think that have a similar problem on my acer with x700 and for test netbook msi wind, together no work video live and record by client MP write (audio:) only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom