[solved] vob files (dvd rips) no audio (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
I'm running mp1.9 with latest version of Moving Pictures and have just started having the issue of dvd ripped movies having no audio when launched through MP. High def mpeg4 movie files have no issues, and vob files that are launched through TV series plugin also run just fine.

I've tried every combination of mpeg2 audio codes and audio renderers but still no luck, any ideas?

Will get log files tomorrow but if anybody has any ideas in the meantime I'd be grateful.

TIA.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MovPic hands all actual playing of the files over to MediaPortal. Try the same file in default MyVideos plugin or provide debug verbosity log files that capture the problem.

LAV is used by most users for playback of media. Verify you have the latest version installed, and double check your MediaPortal configuration settings on them. For an easy debugging suggestion; run MediaPortal in windowed mode, and adjust the three LAV settings (splitter, video, and audio) to show their respective traybar icon so that you can trace the error down quickly in real-time.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, this is why it's strange that vob files work through TV series plugin, as the filters would obviously have the same setup for both plugins. I'll run logs later.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Bad skin files can interrupt playback, as they sit inbetween the handover between MovPic and MediaPortal. Seen that happen before, but an easy way to verify that is to rely on the default skin, or if you are already using Titan, to install Titan Extended (or reinstall it)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Bad skin files can interrupt playback, as they sit inbetween the handover between MovPic and MediaPortal. Seen that happen before, but an easy way to verify that is to rely on the default skin, or if you are already using Titan, to install Titan Extended (or reinstall it)

Thanks, ill try that as well. As suggested Ive reset my audio codecs for Mpeg2 to LAV and changed some of the settings (particularly the mixing settings) but still no joy. Ive attached logs below if you wouldnt mind having a look.

Thanks again.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MediaPortal-Error.log immediatly tells me:

[2014-10-24 17:43:44,912] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Failed filter: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest) not found MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)

So just fix your settings.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks. I don't understand though, which settings do you think need sorting out? If it's a codec issue then why am I not having any problems in playing .vob extensions (mpeg2 video) in TV series plugin?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    One MPEG2 does not have to be the same as another MPEG2, so unless you can play the *exact* same problematic VOB in MP-TVSeries fine, you can not exclude anything.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    So do you mean that it's my MPC settings that need sorting? Bit odd that changing to LAV doesn't help the problem.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If LAV isn't being used, then you are adjusting the wrong MediaPortal codec settings. Enabling all three LAV traybar icon options and running MediaPortal in windowed mode will tell you exactly what part of LAV is getting used and how the stream is handled from splitter to video and audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom