[confirm] Volume Control not working after resume (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does anybody else have this symptom - after resume from standy Volume control is not working anymore- Stopping and Starting MP resolves it. I'm using the build-in Power scheduler. Is there anything particular to look after?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does anybody else have this symptom - after resume from standy Volume control is not working anymore- Stopping and Starting MP resolves it. I'm using the build-in Power scheduler. Is there anything particular to look after?

Logs?

Are you using a remote? Perhaps it isn't working. Without logs, there is absolutely no way to help.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Of course - Need to wait for tonight to reproduce it - just wanted to ask first if it might be a known issue.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So - here are the Debuglogs - don't know if there is something to see - but after resume I can see the Volume bar moving the the sound stays at the level it was before sending the unit in Standby. Setting it "restart after Standby" is a workaround.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure which ATi driver you're using, but 12.8 fixed a bug on the sound:

- Audio is no longer disabled if the connected HDTV Is switched off/on

This doesn't seem to be related to your issue, but you'll never know.
    Which audio drivers did you install? Did you install both the ATi & Realtek HDMI drivers?? Maybe a driver conflict?
    Code:
    DirectShowUtils: added filter:Realtek HDMI Output (ATI HDMI A to graph
    That does look a bit weird to me. Can't double check now, but i would assume that it's either the Realtek HDMI or ATI HDMI.
    If you installed both HDMI drivers, you might wanna remove the Realtek driver and use the latest ATi driver.

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm using the Reatek Drivers as they offer more control. On the Realtek site you see an HDMI Driver for ATI HDMI Audio Device (In the Download section). Anway - doesn't explain why Audiocontrol is working when you close MP and start it again. On Windows it never is a Issue only the MP Volume Control is having this behaviour.

Edit: Doublechecked - the Realtrek-Driver is sitting above the AMD Driver - so AMD is required for Realtek to work. Therefore - what I think - the amd 12.8 is also active.

Last edited:

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I'll see if I can collect some logs before too long, I think I have the same thing, sort of anyway. Sometimes the volume controll of MP will only go between 2 levels and the OSD does not show, sleeping and waking fixes the problem but restarting MP (and I think even restarting the PC) does not. in my case it only works after sleeping.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Not sure which ATi driver you're using, but 12.8 fixed a bug on the sound:

- Audio is no longer disabled if the connected HDTV Is switched off/on

This doesn't seem to be related to your issue, but you'll never know.
    Which audio drivers did you install? Did you install both the ATi & Realtek HDMI drivers?? Maybe a driver conflict?
    Code:
    DirectShowUtils: added filter:Realtek HDMI Output (ATI HDMI A to graph
    That does look a bit weird to me. Can't double check now, but i would assume that it's either the Realtek HDMI or ATI HDMI.
    If you installed both HDMI drivers, you might wanna remove the Realtek driver and use the latest ATi driver.

Do you anything to proceed with this?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you anything to proceed with this?
    Nope, sorry.... I'm using the ATi HDMI driver here and never had any issues.
    Did you try both Master Volume & Wave as volume control settings? And make sure the 'Scale' is set to 'Windows Vista / Win 7'.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm - sounds a little like "my car has 4 tires too and with the winter ones I never had a steering issue" - don't get me wrong but I would like to get to the bottom of the issue - as said it is reproducable and it started happening with 1.3 alpha. If there is nothing in the log indicating why the Volume control is not working anymore after resume - well ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom