volume control not working in vista ? (1 Viewer)

magnil

Portal Member
April 5, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yesterday I got a brilliant idea. Under configuration - general i choosed "restart mediaportal on resume". Tried standby several times yesterday and volume worked everytime. The downside was a litte longer time to resume but I can live with that.

When I should resume this morning the problems really started. Mediaportal will not start. As soon as it tries to start I get a windows message that the program has stopped working! Restarted the computer several times but it did not help, Mediaportl will not start.

It says something about CRL20R3 fault in Mediaportal.exe. Any ideas on what is wrong???

Edit: Solved it. For some reason mediaportal.exe.config was empty. Copied the file from backup and now it works. Will continue to try restart on resume.

elitenoobboy

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Home Country
I am using vista 64 bit (wanted to make use of all of my ram and MS never made any 64bit xp drivers for mce remote), and volume does not work if it is set to control master volume. Only wave control works. Makes it annoying if master volume is changed because there is no way to control it from MP

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also what comes to power scheduler, it has been working over a year in Vista and always with no issues with keypress detection.

A bit off-topic, but I have exactly the same problem with Power Scheduler as PD - it doesn't see key presses or mouse activity in Vista (so the idle timeout isn't reset), so as soon as all the override/hold processes are closed it will put the PC to sleep almost immediately - which is a pain for reboots since it can initiate sleep while it's shutting down for the reboot.....

I only use the TV-server plug-in (not the MP client plug-in, since MP isn't always running on the PC).

Any suggestions/things to check ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom