marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,

I am testing 1.19.0 Prerealese and I have issue with volume control now. I am using MCE only.

1) In case of Windows OSD the step in previous releases were 2, i.e. from 0 to 100 over step 2 -> it means 50 volume levels. No it goes from 0, 6, 12, 19, 25, 31, 37, 44, 50, 56, 62, 69, 75, 81, 87, 94, 100 -> it means 17 steps only, which for me is not enough.

2) In case of MP OSD the step in previous releases was 6, no it has only 2: min and max, which is not probably fine for anybody. The strange is its happen in Titan skin with Two Style only, in case of One Style the steps as similar or the same as in case of Windows OSD above.

3) when I change the Style in Titan, windows OSD sometimes does not show any more and restart is required.

If you want to keep step 6 in both cases, would it be possible to add step setting in MP?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_07_01_18__22_49.zip
      91.9 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_07_01_18__22_50.zip
      91.7 KB

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have the same complaint. I need volume increments of 2, not the 6 or 7. It is correct when MP is not loaded, and incorrect when MP loads.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try the madVR build (future 1.19 Final) to see how it goes ?
    Try the V450 installer from the first post, thanks. (the upgrade trick if it ask for fresh installation is explain in first post) keep in mind that you can continue to use EVR :p

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Can you try the madVR build (future 1.19 Final) to see how it goes ?
    Try the V450 installer from the first post, thanks. (the upgrade trick if it ask for fresh installation is explain in first post) keep in mind that you can continue to use EVR :p
    I am sorry for delay with testing. I have tried V450. When Media Portal client is not running, the volume step is 2, when the Media Portal client is running, the volume step is 6, so no change in V450.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to clarify, all existing final releases of MP work fine including 1.18.0. A change has been made in 1.19.0 which should not be there.
    I've gone back to 1.18.0 until this is fixed.
    Marttoma may be able to do a screen shot, but for me I press the up or down volume key on my wireless keyboard, and the volume OSD at the top-left of the screen usually changes by 2 but in 1.19.0 changes by 6 which is too much.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I don't understand the value change :(
    There is in 1.19 Pre a change to a new lib CSCore because current implementation is somehow broken on Win10.
    So it's needed to fix it for sure the value change but can't reproduce it on my side (neither with keyboard neither with my MCE remote control) but like i'm not sure to understand the visual and the issue.
    This is the video i just made :
    i'm using the keyboard (+ and - key) but act the same on my MCE remote :
    MediaPortal - Videos 03_02_2018 08_59_50.zip :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I am using Windows OSD, not MP OSD, may be this is the reason, why Sebastiii dont understand. In case of Windows OSD, the volume step in MP 1.18 was 2, in case of MP OSD in MP 1.18 was more then 2, as there is no value in case of MP OSD on the screen I would guess it was 6 as the number of volume steps was similar to number of volume steps, when the volume step is 6 here in MP1.19 Prerelease.

So I am speaking all time about Windows OSD. I made 2 videos, one is when MP is running and you can see, the volume step is 6 (but in MP 1.18 was 2). Second video shows the case when MP is not running and in this case the volume step is 2. It means, the volume step for Windows OSD changes, when MP is running, so it must be MP, who change the volume step I think.
    If I run Windows without MP, and I click to the volume button (e.g. volume up), then the volume level changes by step of 2. If I hold button longer, then the volume step is not 2, but 6. I think MP somehow change this windows behavior - in the way the MP expecting I hold the volume button long time even I just click to it. This is my estimation.

I have Windows 10.

Attachments

• VolumeStep_MP_is_running.zip
      44.9 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks m8 will look the video :p
    Does it do the same when using + and - from keyboard ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom