VoxCommando (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I have just installed VoxCommando on my kitchen client and it works perfectly! I now have a voice controlled MediaPortal.

I printed out all the relevant commands and I am now using them quite easily to navigate around and play various media. I am using a webcam mic' and it works well, but I would prefer something with more range as I don't want to shout across the kitchen to activate MP (I could still use the remote I suppose :rolleyes: but it is so yesterday... )

I tested the trial version and it managed to understand my accent, so bought the licence and installed the full version.

A great bit of software, you should try it.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    not bad but i guess it doesnt work that well as in the demo videos? anyway it doesnt support WinXp :/

jitterjames

Portal Member
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am not sure I could remember all the commands!!

You can customize the commands to use whatever phrasing you are comfortable with, and you can have multiple ways of saying the same command. This makes it a bit easier to remember them. I personally use it every day (with MediaMonkey and XBMC) but I don't use all the commands. There are certain ones that I use a lot, like the ones to play a particular music playlist, or to watch a certain tv show, to fire a macro when I go to sleep, which shuts down XBMC, turns off my receiver, my TV and all my lights (except 1) then puts the htpc to sleep. It's true, sometimes I forget the commands that I haven't used for a while. There is also a feature that lets your print a "menu" of commands. Kind of like a cheat sheet.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried it out with my laptop and I like it. Are you controlling MP by the keyboard emulator or did you set up all new commands? It should be possbile to connect to MP via MPExtended, or am I wrong?

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you need a bit more distance on the mic and have an android device check out voxwav in the Google play store.

jitterjames

Portal Member
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I tried it out with my laptop and I like it. Are you controlling MP by the keyboard emulator or did you set up all new commands? It should be possbile to connect to MP via MPExtended, or am I wrong?
    I'm a bit confused by your question. If you have set it up and got it working, then you should know that VoxCommando connects to MediaPortal using the WifiRemote plugin: http://code.google.com/p/wifiremote/

Maybe I am not understanding the question?

When VoxCommando scans your library it is accessing the MP database directly. This is much faster that trying to do it with MP extended.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, sorry, I did not try it with Mediaportal, but with MediaMokey so far. I didn't know, that it already works fine with MP.

How do I connect VC to MP? And is there a setup for MP anywhere available? Doesn't matter if it is in englisch only.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom