vplug and ***** in mediaportal (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Take it easy with the guy, there are those people out there that to have a satisfactory PVR solution do really need that functionality (save taking the card out of the CAM and putting it back into the STB to receive EMM).

I also recognize that the MP devs don't want the heat that comes with implementing it. An to this I respect the devs position

Other PVR solutions are starting to officialy support this functionality so if you do need, have at look at the GB-PVR forum for information. After a number of years running MP, this functionality to was to great a pull to keep me with MP. Sorry.
    i realy do not understand some ppl. :mad:

MP is open source so if anyone wants to add that functinaliy, NOONE is stopping him.
    and there even is a plugin for what you ppl are looking for.
    BUT the point is, it will NEVER find its way into MP svn or a release.

just read -->THIS<--

so if anyone of you would use the forum search then you would find -->>this<<--
    see the link in the first post.

funkychicken

Portal Member
    November 10, 2006
    Just to clear up my comments. I was agreeing with you and your position and hence my statement on the fact that I respect the position of the devs.

I have searched the forums and am very well aware of those topics. Your comment of "BUT the point is, it will NEVER find its way into MP svn or a release." articulates very clearly the downside.

My comments were aimed at the author of the post to let him know of the existance of a possible alternative that is supported by the dev.

As for the open source position and developing functionality themselves, not everyone has the excellent coding skills of the MP devs. Some of us are just plain old consumers wanting something better than MCE.

Regarding your comment on not understanding me, was there really any need for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom