Wake from Sleep to Record TV question (1 Viewer)

alec

Portal Member
July 17, 2008
Hi all,
I've finally got Mediaportal to wake from sleep, but only by putting the HTPC to sleep thru the Mediaportal gui. Is this the only way to get MP to wake the htpc from sleep for scheduled TV recordings? If so, it would be a real pain to always have the MP client running and unable to use windows sleep options. Powerscheduler in the MP client and the TV server are configured as the threads suggested and the htpc runs on Vista 32bit.

Ideally, I'd prefer the htpc to wake without needing the Mediaportal gui running and regardless of how the htpc was put to sleep (whether by hibernate or sleep, or by the start menu or from the mediaportal gui). Is there another plugin that will do this? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal does not need to be running at all, only TVService and yes it is best to let either TVServers powerscheduler or MP client put windows to sleep, especially if you experience any missed recordings.

alec

Portal Member
    July 17, 2008
    thanks, for the reply.
    Is there a command line or sendmessage to tell powerscheduler or TVService to put the computer to sleep?

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi alec,

I use PVRScheduler and not PowerScheduler this is an extra Programm which has a plugin for MediaPortal and is also free. This PVRScheduler is installed as Service and runs in the background to wakeup PC or make the suspend. It has many features and configruations options. I have no problems with this tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Sleep Behavior DE
    Yep, I understand what you explained. Simply, at the moment (in the past) when I tested it, PS standby/wakeup didn't work as expected. By adding this little changes, I found it did the trick (for me and maybe others users) ? That's why.... BTW, when I will decide to switch from MP1 to MP2 (not tomorrow) at, least, I will be able to...
    Yep, I understand what you explained. Simply, at the moment (in the past) when I tested it, PS standby/wakeup didn't work as...
    I've been using MediaPortal 2 for a while, but I have not been able to figure out how to get the sleeping behavior that works for...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for that but it does seem to me that Madvr is the issue here, I guess it is not as robust as the EVR or does not get shut down as elegantly, I also suspect, though I have not tried it, that the result would be the same for playback of any video, i.e. not just TV. Given that German TV is now all transmitted as full HD, the need...
    Thanks for that but it does seem to me that Madvr is the issue here, I guess it is not as robust as the EVR or does not get shut...
    When I finish watching TV I always stop the playback and exit to the home gui before putting the HTPC to sleep and have no...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    That's why I mentioned it :) (I think the client and server plugins talk to each other) Also read the Wiki pages for the PS plugin - PS - How it Works
    That's why I mentioned it :) (I think the client and server plugins talk to each other) Also read the Wiki pages for the PS plugin...
    My server (MEDIA is system) is going to sleep whilst playing back recorded TV causing the Client (NUC7100) to crash I scheduled...
    Replies
    Views
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom