Wake from Sleep to Record TV question (1 Viewer)

alec

Portal Member
July 17, 2008
Hi all,
I've finally got Mediaportal to wake from sleep, but only by putting the HTPC to sleep thru the Mediaportal gui. Is this the only way to get MP to wake the htpc from sleep for scheduled TV recordings? If so, it would be a real pain to always have the MP client running and unable to use windows sleep options. Powerscheduler in the MP client and the TV server are configured as the threads suggested and the htpc runs on Vista 32bit.

Ideally, I'd prefer the htpc to wake without needing the Mediaportal gui running and regardless of how the htpc was put to sleep (whether by hibernate or sleep, or by the start menu or from the mediaportal gui). Is there another plugin that will do this? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal does not need to be running at all, only TVService and yes it is best to let either TVServers powerscheduler or MP client put windows to sleep, especially if you experience any missed recordings.

alec

Portal Member
    July 17, 2008
    thanks, for the reply.
    Is there a command line or sendmessage to tell powerscheduler or TVService to put the computer to sleep?

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi alec,

I use PVRScheduler and not PowerScheduler this is an extra Programm which has a plugin for MediaPortal and is also free. This PVRScheduler is installed as Service and runs in the background to wakeup PC or make the suspend. It has many features and configruations options. I have no problems with this tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom