Wake On Lan support for MP2 (3 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard could this be used inside MP2 Server importer as well? I think about nightly imports where a NAS device is in suspend mode and needs to be woken up to access files.
    We know the UNC paths from media sources configuration (and thus the "server" names) and could add this as step before starting a scheduled import. Could this work?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Brownard could this be used inside MP2 Server importer as well? I think about nightly imports where a NAS device is in suspend mode and needs to be woken up to access files.
    We know the UNC paths from media sources configuration (and thus the "server" names) and could add this as step before starting a scheduled import. Could this work?
    Yes, all of the required classes are included in WakeOnLan.Common which the server can easily reference. I've also implemented GetIpNetTable2 and ResolveIpNetEntry2 (which replace ARP) so we can remotely resolve hardware addresses for both IPv4 and IPv6.
    I think @MJGraf originally wanted to incorporate it into the NetworkNeighbourhoodResourceProvider so that any time a network resource was accessed it would first try and wake the server if necessary which could be a more universal solution.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello @Brownard
    unfornately, the wol plugin doesn't work anymore for me.
    the IP address is fine, but the hardwareadress is broken,
    <HardwareAddress>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA</HardwareAddress>
    i think always related to many interface erthernet

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Can you post some client logs please...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks. It's all a bit strange, the 'TVE OFF' logs show that it doesn't even try and resolve an address which should only happen if the client isn't attached to the server.
    The 'TVE ON' logs show that it finds a valid address - which includes a check that the address isn't all zeros - yet the address stored in the config file is all zeros :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom