Wake PC to begin scheduled recordings? (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Final
    Windows Version: Win 7
    1. TV Card: FireDTV
    1. TV Card Type: Firewire external

Hi all.

I wanting to know if its possible to automatically wake my Mediaportal PC (server/client in the same PC) from standby to begin a scheduled recording. Is there a setting or plugin to do this?

I have a 2nd client PC that is on 24/7 but i cant make it my server PC due to the fact theres no antenna socket in this room.

Anyone have a solution for me?

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I wanting to know if its possible to automatically wake my Mediaportal PC (server/client in the same PC) from standby to begin a scheduled recording. Is there a setting or plugin to do this?

Activate powerscheduler under plugins in the TV-server configuration and allow it to wake up for various events (if I remember correctly). You may then also wish to activate and configure the power scheduler client plugin in the mediaportal configuration so that the machine doesn't go to sleep when you're not watching TV.

//Johannes

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i got it working right now thanks

however it turns off when im watching other stuff ..must have another look at the settings

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    What about in the TV server configuration -> Plugins -> 'Processes' tab -> Processes which can prevent standby?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok if im watching a video in "My Videos" what should i do to prevent standby?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ok if im watching a video in "My Videos" what should i do to prevent standby?

The powerscheduler client plugin should take care of that, but you can also enable the shutoff for only home screen in the client plugin.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ive been trying that but it seems it goes to sleep when im watching a video from "my videos" anyway

im on IRC atm if u wanna talk there

ive turned on the option for "network activity" since id be using the network to watch videos from my networked PC which is where "my videos" is looking and streaming from...not a perfect solution but we will see

ok scrap that..lol

having "network activitiy" on just kept it awake..on the homescreen too

rebooting and trying again watching a video in "my videos" and it went to sleep again :(

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Media Portal goes to sleep while still in use because the PowerSchedulerClientPlugin crashes. So the client part can't tell the server that it should not go to sleep. If you look at the logs you'll see how that happens every time PowerSchedulerClientPlugin tries to open some communication.

Unfortunately I can't help you much, I haven't looked at the code of PowerScheduler on the client or server. But it wouldn't hurt if you disable the firewall and see what happens, also check all network related parameters in MP server and client...

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Please try to reproduce the issue using Debug Mode.
    It appears to be some conflict with another plugin. Please always post full logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom