[confirm] Wake Up Not Working for Power Scheduler (1 Viewer)

mace

March 8, 2010
Chicago, IL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC1 (1.0.5.25080)
MediaPortal Skin: Maya
Windows Version: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU Type: AMD Opteron 185 2.8GHz x 2 Cores
HDD: 1x80G (OS) 1x500G (Storage)
Memory: 1GB DDR
Motherboard: Generic Socket 939
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 8600 GT (Soon to be Upgraded to Galaxy NV 240)
Video Card Driver: Latest
Sound Card: Realtek AC97
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
HTPC Case:
Cooling: Active Fans
Power Supply: 350W
Remote: MS MCE Remote RC6
TV: Monitor (until new video installed)

I recently discovered this bug while searching for a resolution to my current problem:

0002540: PowerScheduler sometimes misses wake-ups for recordings - MediaPortal Bugtracker

It was marked as resolved but I am receiving the same problem as stated in the BUG. I have been constantly trying to adjust settings according to the MediaPortal configuration wiki in regards to the power scheduler for the tv server and client. It seems rather straight forward and although it is able to sleep, it is unable to resume.

Since I am running 1.1 RC1 I figured (according to bug #2540 which was filed as fixed) that this would not be an issue. If anybody has any information on how I can resolve this problem then it would be greatly appreciated, and, if any other information is required then please feel free to email me at mace@rancorous.net.

I have attached the relevant log files to this post. You can notice in the tv server log that the system comes out of resume at roughly 0346. This was not because power scheduler brought it out but because I manually turned the system back on. In the log you can clearly see that it was supposed to have resumed a little less than 2 minutes after it had gone into sleep mode. I have been looking around quite a bit and have tried quite a few things but I just can't seem to find a fix for it.

Thank You,
Mace

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Yes, the same is happening to me on 1.1RC1. I'll post my own logs when I get a chance to do some testing. Poking around in the logs this morning there was a line in the TV Server log written by Power Scheduler at 9.15am as the machine was going into hibernate that the wake up timer had been set for 600 minutes (for recording in the evening). Machine should have woken up at 7.15pm but didn't do so - I manually started it at around 8.40pm. I've been running MP for 2 years on this machine, and made no changes to BIOS or Windows (last XP update was 2-3 weeks ago). Everything worked fine up to and including MP 1.0.2

I'll post logs (and set debugging level appropriately) next time it happens.

Rob.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: Wake Up Not Working for Power Scheduler

Does your PC wake up for a via Windows Task Planner scheduled task?

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Yes, and it's been working fine over the last two years (originally using a 3rd party power scheduler, and then the inbuilt power scheduler plugin). The machine is a single-seat configuration. Only noticed the problem after upgrading from 1.1 beta to 1.1 RC1.

Cheers,

Rob.

VRP

April 25, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Plus one for me.

Had no issues pre 1.1, but can't get it to wake for recordings in any RC so far.

1.1 RC3
    Win XP
    P4 3.4ghz
    2 gb ram

akiaki

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2008
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Sorry to revive old thread, but I'm having exact same problem on 1.2.2. Did you guys sort it out maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom