Wake up on lan issue [plz help!]

Discussion in 'General Support' started by zappomax, September 26, 2015.

1. zappomax

zappomax Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    first I want to thanks all the MP developer team for yr fantastic work!
    The problem:
    I just set my HTPC (Asrock Z97M Annyversary and Win 8.1 64bit) to wakes up on lan by my Android smartphone. After a little trouble with the embedded Realtek LAN chip configuration, now the HTPC wakes up correctly using the Android app.
    The weird stuff that's freacking me out, is that the HTPC wakes up only if before I turned it off by the usual on/off case button or by the usual Win soft way (Start>close session) out of MP. If I turn off the HTPC using the MP shutdown command in the relative MP shutdown menu, then the HTPC doesn't whake up!
    I tried all my best configuring uefi/bios and lan chip but no way...
    Help me 'cos I'm close to smash my head to the wall!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lisag
    • Team MediaPortal

lisag Retired Team Member

Social Work
    Ratings:
    +182 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it that when you usually turn off your PC you are actually putting it into a sleep state (S3 or S4) which will respond to a wake on lan command.

Whereas from Mediaportal you are putting it into a total off state (S5) which will not respond to a wake on lan command?

4. zappomax

zappomax Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Nope. I disabeled all kinds of suspended or ibernate states from bios and Windows "energy options". The HTPC is always completely turned off. Infact in any case (turning off by MP or case button) the boot cycle is the same.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!