Wake up on lan issue [plz help!] (1 Viewer)

zappomax

Portal Pro
April 24, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi,
first I want to thanks all the MP developer team for yr fantastic work!
The problem:
I just set my HTPC (Asrock Z97M Annyversary and Win 8.1 64bit) to wakes up on lan by my Android smartphone. After a little trouble with the embedded Realtek LAN chip configuration, now the HTPC wakes up correctly using the Android app.
The weird stuff that's freacking me out, is that the HTPC wakes up only if before I turned it off by the usual on/off case button or by the usual Win soft way (Start>close session) out of MP. If I turn off the HTPC using the MP shutdown command in the relative MP shutdown menu, then the HTPC doesn't whake up!
I tried all my best configuring uefi/bios and lan chip but no way...
Help me 'cos I'm close to smash my head to the wall!

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it that when you usually turn off your PC you are actually putting it into a sleep state (S3 or S4) which will respond to a wake on lan command.

Whereas from Mediaportal you are putting it into a total off state (S5) which will not respond to a wake on lan command?

zappomax

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is it that when you usually turn off your PC you are actually putting it into a sleep state (S3 or S4) which will respond to a wake on lan command.

Whereas from Mediaportal you are putting it into a total off state (S5) which will not respond to a wake on lan command?
    Nope. I disabeled all kinds of suspended or ibernate states from bios and Windows "energy options". The HTPC is always completely turned off. Infact in any case (turning off by MP or case button) the boot cycle is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom