WALL-E Region B BluRay disc playing issues (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @Joaquin about share your iso, not need to share all the disc, i tihnk only provide, files needed for start the disc,
    for example my folder is only 326mo only for start the disc and test bdj function.
    i don't remember how i done exactly for take files needed. :(

Attachments

• tree.txt
      27.5 KB

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well, as you suggested I will test the old Java release; I will do it after the disc has been uploaded to the File Sharing service (Wetransfer). I am uploading 18 parts of ~2 GB each for you to test my disc. Each part takes about 1 hour... Patience :). It should be uploaded by December 29th.

Edit: Azzuro, you posted your reply at the same time than me :). I don't know how to extract only the key files for testing the BD-J application. Nevertheless I think it's better to test the whole disk to take approach to the actual scenario.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Edit: Azzuro, you posted your reply at the same time than me :). I don't know how to extract only the key files for testing the BD-J application. Nevertheless I think it's better to test the whole disk to take approach to the actual scenario.
    remember now, using process monitor , set mediaportal as process to debug, and filtered the result for show only files read from my bluray disc.
    upload_2016-12-27_20-12-17.png

it's off topic but can help ... :whistle:

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello again team. Here I am again. I cannot post good news as all the test resulted on the same results.

I have installed the Java 7 update 17 that Sebastii used during development and the new CORE.DLL compilation. The “interlaced-like” distortion keeps appearing as this new video denotes:

At the same time I have been recording the video, I have generated the Blu Ray log (working in combination with Windows' environment variables) and MediaPortal logs extracted with Watchdog utility. Please find them attached.

Sebastii: You have a private message with some URLs (links will work until January 4). Feel free to share them with other developers.

Prior to recording this video I have installed ffdshow, madVR and configured them in the proper “BluRay codecs” and “Renderer” sections. I have used several combinations of them. All these test result in several playing issues that would be too long to describe and track.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and the new CORE.DLL compilation.
    Remember that Sebastiii said this part was only for solving the "movie disc inserted" (we call it autoplay) popup issue. It won't make any difference for the interlaced distortion (artefacts).
    So, sid it solve the autoplay issue?
    [edit: Ahhh, I see your answer is in the video - sorry about that. I'll check the log files...]

Prior to recording this video I have installed ffdshow, madVR and configured them in the proper “BluRay codecs” and “Renderer” sections. I have used several combinations of them. All these test result in several playing issues that would be too long to describe and track.
    Aside from the issues (which could be related to compatibility with our BDReader component), was it possible to notice whether the artefacts were still present or not?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhhh, so about the auto-play problem: according to the log files it should be solved. The problem is your settings:
    <entry name="autoplay_audio">Ask</entry>
    <entry name="autoplay_video">No</entry>
    <entry name="autoplay_photo">Ask</entry>

BD is video. You have set auto-play config for video to "no", so that's why you don't get any popup. If you want the popup back, you need to change the setting in the "DVD Discs/Images" -> "autoplay" section. ;)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Configuration/21_DVD_Discs_Images/5_Autoplay

I expect it won't work without Sebastiii's Core.dll.

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Aside from the issues (which could be related to compatibility with our BDReader component), was it possible to notice whether the artefacts were still present or not?
    The artifacts were present.

BD is video. You have set auto-play config for video to "no", so that's why you don't get any popup. If you want the popup back, you need to change the setting in the "DVD Discs/Images" -> "autoplay" section.
    Ooops! I didn't notice that. In any case, my first test was made updating from an older version of MediaPortal and the autoplay stopped working -or maybe the updater unchecked the option for me... I can certify it was checked in my previous installation because the “new disc inserted” always popped up until updating MediaPortal. This second test has been made using a clean installation that kept the option unchecked by default.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The artifacts were present.
    Okay, thanks. So we could theorise that the problem is not related to the video codec.

In any case, my first test was made updating from an older version of MediaPortal and the autoplay stopped working -or maybe the updater unchecked the option for me... I can certify it was checked in my previous installation because the “new disc inserted” always popped up until updating MediaPortal.
    Yes, I agree - the video autoplay setting was enabled for your first log files. Autoplay failed because of the bug in MP 1.16 PR which Sebastiii's Core.dll should fix.

This second test has been made using a clean installation that kept the option unchecked by default.
    Mmmm, interesting. I'm not sure what the default value should be.

...but just to confirm: autoplay is now working if the setting is enabled and Sebastiii's Core.dll is used?

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Mmmm, interesting. I'm not sure what the default value should be
    In the “autoplay” section, there are 3 types of content -one of these the movie disc that is marked as “no action” by default. MediaPortal installer sets the other 2 options to “ask what to do”. In my opinion the default value for movie discs should be also “ask what to do”.

...but just to confirm: autoplay is now working if the setting is enabled and Sebastiii's Core.dll is used?

Yes, it works :).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, it works :).
    Great, thanks. :)

In the “autoplay” section, there are 3 types of content -one of these the movie disc that is marked as “no action” by default. MediaPortal installer sets the other 2 options to “ask what to do”. In my opinion the default value for movie discs should be also “ask what to do”.
    The default value for all 3 is already "ask...". Below are links to all the related code if you're interested:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...Configuration/Sections/GeneralAutoplay.cs#L94
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../General/GeneralMP/GUISettingsGeneral.cs#L244
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/blob/master/mediaportal/Core/Ripper/AutoPlay.cs#L227

In those cases the setting can value can only become "do nothing" if the user explicitly/intentionally sets it that way.

There's only one other place where the setting is touched when processing disc image files (ISO, IMG, NRG etc.):
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...s/Video/SqlLite/VideoDatabaseSqlLite.cs#L1010

Here the current setting value is saved, then the setting is temporarily set to "do nothing" while the media info is checked. After checking the media info, the setting value should be set back to the original value. The only way this can fail and leave the setting as "do nothing" is if Daemon Tools/Virtual Clone Drive/Other fails to mount the disc image.

So in short: I can't understand how your clean install default value could ever be "do nothing". It seems impossible. The only ways I can imagine that it would ever become "do nothing" are:
    1. You change it to "do nothing" intentionally.
    2. You tried to play or import a disc image file, and DT/VCD/etc. failed to mount the image.
    In this case you obviously didn't intentionally change it, so the only possibility left is the second one. Still, the default value on a clean install should be "ask..." as you said (and I agree).

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom