Watched/Unwatched status colours (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
In list view, is there any way to switch off the feature of the movie title turning blue once its been watched? I find it a bit annoying having half my movies showing in one colour, and the rest in a different colour as im not really fussed about knowing whether ive watched it before.

TIA :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just edit the skin colors to make them the same then between watched/unwatched.

Forgot which file though lol

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Nevermind, found my notes.

Locate the references.xml file in your active skin folder -> do a search for "<description>default listcontrol</description>" and then adjust the colors for:

<shadedColor>
    <selectedColor3>
    <selectedColor2>
    <selectedColor>
    <playedColor>
    <playedColor2>
    <colordiffuse>
    <remoteColor>
    <remoteColor2>
    <downloadColor>
    <downloadColor2>
    <dimColor>

Just change them one at a time to something extreme like "ffffff00" (which is 100% yellow) to see which color you are adjusting, but most of the descriptions are obvious.

Colors are HTML RGB encoded, with a prefixed opacity like value definition, so "20FFFFFF" would be 20% of 'white'.sort of speak.

Use a HTML color picker such as the one available @ http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp if you don't know how to find RGB color codes, but in your case you are just copying one color to the other.

Pretty sure you want to make "playedColor" + "playedColor2" to match "selectedColor" and "selectedColor2" respectively, but like I mentioned, changing it to a bright color like Yellow will make it quickly obvious which color value you are changing.

NOTE: You can normally edit the reference.xml file concurrently with MediaPortal open (network share on another system, or MePo in windowed mode), and going back to MediaPortal Home screen and re-enter Moving-Pictures plugin should work, but the safest way to verify that MediaPortal is using the updated skin file is to restart it.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks dude! Think this is how i did it a few years back with an older version but wondered if there was an integrated way of doing it now. I guess not though, ill just edit the xml file agian. (y)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    hink this is how i did it a few years back with an older version but wondered if there was an integrated way of doing it now. I guess not though, ill just edit the xml file agian.
    You can make separate theme for the skin. And then these changes will not be lost during the upgrade.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Separate theme works nice, but then you run the risk that when a skin updates you have to remerge their fixes back in yours.

MediaPortal now has an awesome new method for that where you can rely on a base theme, and make small modifications to that, but I failed miserably making that work for myself so don't know how to explain that :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ajs, no I mean how MediaPortal supports theme expansions now or whatever it is called, so your theme folder would only contain 'references.xml' and a few other files, and then rely 99% on the base theme. That way on future changes they automatically merge, with the only exception being the files you actually changed, but in that case WinMerge FTW indeed.

I just could never get it to work 100%, so I ended up copying the base theme in its entirety and then adjust it.

PS: Was annoyed I couldn't remember what it was called, but it is "themes" indeed, and skin developer explanation available @ http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/7_Skins/Skin_Architecture/Skin_Themes I just remember the struggles I had to have MediaPortal accept all my file replacements, like it would accept some, but not others... then again last time I did this was on MediaPortal v1.14 or some, so who knows might have been a bug they fixed since.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I just could never get it to work 100%, so I ended up copying the base theme in its entirety and then adjust it.
    At me everything working perfectly. I use my theme for a long time. :)
    PS: Was annoyed I couldn't remember what it was called, but it is "themes" indeed, and skin developer explanation available @ http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/7_Skins/Skin_Architecture/Skin_Themes I just remember the struggles I had to have MediaPortal accept all my file replacements, like it would accept some, but not others... then again last time I did this was on MediaPortal v1.14 or some, so who knows might have been a bug they fixed since.
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom