MP2 - V2.1 Weather: Can not add city (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrop

Portal Member
January 27, 2008
I changed after 13 years from MP1 to MP2.1. This is the first release of MP2 were I got everything working in one hour. I had one issue with the weather plugin, I can not add a city. Is this a bug or do I need to enter a code instead of a city name?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I changed after 13 years from MP1 to MP2.1. This is the first release of MP2 were I got everything working in one hour. I had one issue with the weather plugin, I can not add a city. Is this a bug or do I need to enter a code instead of a city name?
    You need to go to settings/plugins/weather and add the city there. Perhaps you tried to add a city directly in the weather page.
    If that does not work, please try once again and post log files after that. Thanks.

vrop

Portal Member
    January 27, 2008
    Thank you for your fast reply! I did as you mentioned, I tried to add the city through settings-plugins-weather-add city. After typing the name of the city in the text box, I get a grey screen with header "Add City". This screen has no buttons, if you click on it you end up with no city added. I have tried it with all three different skins, this did not make a difference.

I have added the log file.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your fast reply! I did as you mentioned, I tried to add the city through settings-plugins-weather-add city. After typing the name of the city in the text box, I get a grey screen with header "Add City". This screen has no buttons, if you click on it you end up with no city added. I have tried it with all three different skins, this did not make a difference.

I have added the log file.
    Thanks. I could reproduce the behaviour, so it's really a bug. I think most users didn't realize, because the city is rememberd, even you install a new MP2 version.
    @HTPCSourcer Could you add a Jira for it, thanks.

Unbenannt.jpg

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I checked the code. There are no changes done since the last working version.
    With an older version I could get the same behaviour. so my first guess is, that there is a problem with the look-up of a city (Weather site problems).
    @morpheus_xx

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems so. We had a FreeAPI negociated by placing their logo in MP2. We would need to extend that, but I could not find the corresponding discussion.
    I think it was morpheus_xx who contacted them.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A new weather provider has been added (thanks @morpheus_xx) and the weather functionality was restored.

Note that the resolution will be part of the next release.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    aha, I noticed this too yesterday, but it seems it will be fixed.:)
    (I have started testing on Windows Server 2016 - which is a pimped-up version of Windows 10 - and I have disabled all possible privacy settings, like location, so I tought this was the reason for the lost cities in the weather plugin. Guess I was wrong.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom