Weather error (1 Viewer)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i'm experiencing the same thing, but I'm not understanding what you're implying on how to fix it?

sergiocos

Portal Pro
March 31, 2009
Targoviste
Home Country
Romania Romania
my weather files is now so much different than the original ones, so I didn't want to mislead you, but basicly you should edit the common.basichome.weather.xml or in some scenarios basichome.weather.xml and look for the code of the day X image (you can see an example below) Now the texture codes must be the new ones, as you can read in the Items section of the plugin. You can see mine edited to work with the latest version of MPInfo Service.

384203l.jpg

But I'm using ONLY the 5-days forecast (and not the small forecast for TODAY) I can't tell you if replacing these codes is enough to get the weather fully functional (the fact is, you should do more replacing than these ones, but you get the point how it works, I hope)
384203l.jpg

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I see you're not StreamedMP so your XML structure is very different... I can't find what you are implying.

sergiocos

Portal Pro
March 31, 2009
Targoviste
Home Country
Romania Romania
StreamedMP here too, with the Aeon mod... please send me a PM with all the XML that contains the word "weather" in their name... or better, an archive with your xml (containing the word weather in the names) + Basichome.xml.

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have the same issue. I don't know jack about XML, so it would be nice if someone could create a fix that just works.

sergiocos

Portal Pro
March 31, 2009
Targoviste
Home Country
Romania Romania
ok, let's assume you all use the weather skin files found here in the first post. You will found your version of files inside the StreamedMP folder. This is the files that counts:
filessps.jpg

Open any .xml with Notepad to edit.
In the basichome.weather.xml you have to edit the new paths for the images to load. You will fin them looking for <texture>#. Now in the old InfoService plugin, the today weather is showed by this code
<texture>#todaysmallweatherimg</texture>
but in the new MPInfoService, the same image must be
<texture>#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.fullpath</texture> (Todays weather condition image fullpath in the size 64x64)

You should looking for <texture># in every weekday to fix the images paths. The next example is for the picture of day 2.
Old basichome.weather.xml (wich worked with previous versions of the plugin) looks like this:
day2old.jpg

Replace the highlited code with the one found here (there are pretty self explanatory). So the image will be shown by the NEW code:
day2new.jpg

Do this for every day (1 to 5) and watch the images re-appearing (change the code for every component you need, might be necessary more than looking for the "texture" code),
see what doesn't work in your MediaPortal, look in your *xml for the old code, check the new one, replace... or wait for a fix, I know i couldn't. Cheers!

PS: SteamedMP Aeon mod is using basichome.weather.xml to show the weather data but other skins might use different name for this one. (X-Factor is using an xml called common.basichome.weather.xml). That's all I can do to help guys. Remember to backup your skin files, and edit the *weather*.xml you need.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ugh...I never liked the look of the huge weather tab. Is there any way to have it look nearly the same way the old one looks?

hallohome

Portal Member
    March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont get it ?? I have MP 1.0.2.0 with StreamedMP and I dont have a "common.basichome.weather.xml" or "basichome.weather.xml" I only have a myweather.xml in the /skin/StreamedMP folder. I only changed the "WindowPlugins.dll" now weather works again but not on basichome why is there a need to change a path, I never changed the location of the images.
    So for me 2 Days ago everything was fine
    - basichome and weather worked
    - yesterday weather.com changed the api no basichome and no weather
    - I changed the "WindowPlugins.dll" weather is now working again but not on Basichome
    have I missed something here I hope someone can help me :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom