Weather Icon Style - Animated is greyed out (1 Viewer)

brab

Portal Member
March 15, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
I've just installed 1.0.3.1223 and under Weather Styles I clicked to install Animated Weather Icons...
Once installed I selected it and ran MP...in the menu there were no weather icons at all.

I went back to editor and now I can only select Static weather icons, Animated button is greyed out.
I am using MediaPortal 1.0.2 maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyone ran into this problem?
Please help...

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've just installed 1.0.3.1223 and under Weather Styles I clicked to install Animated Weather Icons...
Once installed I selected it and ran MP...in the menu there were no weather icons at all.

I went back to editor and now I can only select Static weather icons, Animated button is greyed out.
I am using MediaPortal 1.0.2 maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyone ran into this problem?
Please help...

Did you re-generate the menu after you installed the icons? This needs to be done so the basichome.xml is updated to use the icons. Seems I did not think of that possibility, will update the editor to check and either automaticlly generate or inform that it needs to be done.

Thanks

brab

Portal Member
March 15, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Trevor..sure did...I also uninstalled StreamedMP and reinstalled it back and the option is still greyed out...

Here's the screenshot:
animated.jpg

I just also got an idea to remove animated folder manually from the animations directory, then in the editor it gave me an option to download them again (11MB notice).
I downloaded them and as soon as the download finished "Animated" was selected automatically.
I pressed Generate Menu and exited the Editor.

Without running MP or anything I opened Editor and "Animated" was greyed out again and "Static" selected by default.
Super weird.
Don't know if that's feature only available in 1.1.0+, I don't see a reason why it should be, coz we're only talking about simple images, but you never know.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Brab,

You were right and it is to do with 1.0.2 but it still should have worked, there was a bug in the version checking, I have corrected this and a new version is released.

Hit 'Check for Update' and you should get the new version automaticlly.

Thanks

brab

Portal Member
March 15, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Trevor...ok, a couple of things! :)

1. When I do check for update it goes through whole install process (progress bar moves and it goes through the steps), but doesn't update the file.
Interesting thing is that by default it wants to install it to "...\skin" directory instead of "...\skin\StreamedMP", I also tried manually changing it, and it still doesn't update the .exe.
At the end installation of the update (when pressing finish) it throws error 2753.
I did the manual update of the file and I can confirm that now "Animated" radio button is not greyed out anymore.
However animated icons do not show up at all.

Here's a screenshot:
animated.jpg

Here's a screenshot of static ones, they work just fine:
static.jpg

I have discovered two more bugs, I don't know if you want me to post them in the seperate thread, but here they go.
The label on top is garbled.
Screenshot:
labelbug.jpg

Second if you notice on the main menu, RSS feed letters go over the logo before they disappear...it's no biggie, I just figured I might wanna point out to you.

Thanks,
Nick

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Ok, seems I was a little keen releaseing the MSI, few inssues with that - will sort them this week hopfully.

Now, as to why you are not seeing animated icons, couple of checks.

In the directory ..\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Animations\weathericons\animated\128x128

There should be folders 1 - 47 + a na dir, are those present?

2nd, if you open basichome.xml and search for "DAY 0 ICON" you should see this control.

<control>
<description>DAY 0 ICON</description>
<id>0</id>
<type>multiimage</type>
<imagepath>weathericons\animated\128x128\#infoservice.weather.today.img.big.filenamewithoutext</imagepath>
<timeperimage>33</timeperimage>
<loop>True</loop>
<posX>120</posX>
<posY>80</posY>
<height>180</height>
<width>180</width>
<visible>plugin.isenabled(InfoService)+control.isvisible(1201)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" delay="1000" time="300" tween="linear">Visible</animation>
</control>

Check the image path, I assume the infoservice is installed and working correctly?

Last thing would be to clear the cache.

brab

Portal Member
March 15, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Answers to your questions:
1. Screenshot of folder
folderyy.jpg

2. You can find a copy of my basichome.xml here:
BasicHome.xml

The only difference I see between what you posted and myself is this:
You have +control.isvisible(1201) and in my basichome is +control.isvisible(1202).
I tried manually changing it all to 1201 and weather has failed then.

This is how it would look like if I put 1201 instead of 1202:
1201s.jpg

I assume if infoservice is installed and working correctly then the weather works fine with static images, which it does for me, correct?

Tried clearing the cache, still no go.
I appreciate your patience and help very much!

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
This is very confusing, I tried your basichome.xml on my system here and all works fine!

Dont worry about the 1201/1202 these will be differnet in most cases as depends on menu order. Yours is right at 1202, the fact you see the weather description and temps confirm that.

I think I will need to see your mediaportal.log and error.log files, if you empty the log dir prior to running up MP and then post those they might give us more of an idea.

You are right that infoservice must be working fine as the static icons work ok.....should have realised that.

I know your are on 1.0.2 and there is an outside chance that may be the issue, will down grade my system this week and check.

I am going to be a little short of time till Friday but will do what I can, would like to get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

brab

Portal Member
March 15, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Trevor, it's uber confusing to be quite honest...

Error.log is 0 byte file so I assume that's good! :)
I uploaded mediaportal.log to:
MediaPortal.log

Don't worry this is nothing urgent, I can live with static icons just fine, but I figured you guys might want to be aware of this problem, that's why I posted in here...
Nick

brab

Portal Member
March 15, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Trevor...did you have a chance to check this out yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom