Web browser plugin, how to activate?! (1 Viewer)

chrstein

Portal Member
February 9, 2006
Hi,

The last week or so I've been getting quite familiar with the different functions within the wonderful MP.

The only thing I've yet to figure out is how to enable the web browser plugin for MP. I've seen the plugin mentioned several times, to my understanding it was supposed to be installed "automatically" along with MP. However I can't seem to find this plugin anywhere within the MP setup.
I also haven't been able to fint it on the web.

Could anyone please tell me how to incorporate the web browser into my MP, I'd bee very thankful. It is the only ability I'm currently missing in my MP.

Thank you in advance!

-Christoffer

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Good luck with the WebBrowser plugin on RC2 or later at least. It has been neglected and it pretty much unusable (as far as I know).

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Not sure about RC1, I started in at RC2. Check the numerous WebBrowser plugin threads around for information about its current status.I think perhaps the developer was going to do some work on it? I am not sure though.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
mPod: Is it actually functional in RC2 and later CVS releases? I tried it out when I first got RC2 and it was difficult to navigate, crashed when entering URLs sometimes and was impossible to exit without using Alt-F4.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
tein said:
Someone who knows how to use the webbrowser with a Haupauge 45 button remote?
You can't, as long as the webbrowser plugin doesn't get extended to use ACTIONS instead of keystrokes. So that's not possible yet.

jawbroken: I can't tell you more details, I'm not using that plugin and don't know the interna of it. Just try it...

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Yeah, I have tried it as I said above. It doesn't really seem usable in its current form, at least for me. I was just wondering if anyone had some sort of tip on getting it working, is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom