Web Browser Plugin (1 Viewer)

adysh0rt

November 28, 2005
Web browser plugin + MCE remote

Hi

I am running the 0.2.0 RC1 version and added the browser plug in manually with no issues apart from the MCE remote failing to work consistently. I've messed with the settings which have had no effect, regressing to my own snapshot with no browser installed returns the remote to full functionality. I have also tried the latest CVS snapshot that adds the browser and this has the same affect on the remote functionality whereby it fails to work properly.

Cheers

Ady

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I have a recent CVS with the web bowser plugin and I use an MCE remote.
    I find that everything works well *until* I go to the web browser plugin. After I have been there then none of the arrow keys work, either on the remote or the keyboard. I have to reboot the pc for regular functions.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Marcusb said:
    I have a recent CVS with the web bowser plugin and I use an MCE remote.
    I find that everything works well *until* I go to the web browser plugin. After I have been there then none of the arrow keys work, either on the remote or the keyboard. I have to reboot the pc for regular functions.

I can confirm this, having a hauppauge remote. Only mouse input does work after opening the web browser plugin. Keyboard and remote are dead after that. No need for a reboot, but a restart of MP is necessary.

Flip.

adysh0rt

November 28, 2005
    Hi again

After a clean install of 0.2.0 RC1 and a load of the most recent CVS snapshot I can confirm the previous two posts, MCE remote works ok until loading the Web Browser, after the remote fails to work properly with only partial functionality.

Cheers

Ady

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    adysh0rt said:
    Hi again

After a clean install of 0.2.0 RC1 and a load of the most recent CVS snapshot I can confirm the previous two posts, MCE remote works ok until loading the Web Browser, after the remote fails to work properly with only partial functionality.

Cheers

Ady

Is this happening only on the browser screen or everywhere in MP after loading the browser?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

everywhere within MP after loading the browser. MP does not react to keyboard or remote anymore. Mouse does still work (in my case). I have to quit MP with the mouse and restart it.

Flip

elkabyle

Portal Member
    October 19, 2005
    in my case, the keyboard stops responding in MP as sson as Web Browser is enabled in mediaPortal' setup. I have to disable the plugin in order to have the keyboard working.
    This happened very recently. The 1st release of Web Browser did not affect the keyboard input. I think the problem comes from the latest version of the Web Browser plugin.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    elkabyle said:
    in my case, the keyboard stops responding in MP as sson as Web Browser is enabled in mediaPortal' setup. I have to disable the plugin in order to have the keyboard working.
    This happened very recently. The 1st release of Web Browser did not affect the keyboard input. I think the problem comes from the latest version of the Web Browser plugin.

Is this on the 0.1.3 release of the WB then? the cvs hasn't been updated, yet.

elkabyle

Portal Member
    October 19, 2005
    devo said:
    elkabyle said:

Is this on the 0.1.3 release of the WB then? the cvs hasn't been updated, yet.

Yes, I'm using 0.1.3 release.

Pix

December 3, 2005
    I'm running the CVS version, but I can't have the WB running.
    This is the error I found in the log

WindowManager:Unable to initialize window:5500 Exception of type 'System.Windows.Forms.AxHost+InvalidActiveXStateException' was thrown. AxInterop.MOZILLACONTROLLib at AxMOZILLACONTROLLib.AxMozillaBrowser.Navigate(String uRL)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.WebBrowser.GUIWebBrowser.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 iWindowID, Boolean bReplaceWindow)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom