Web Browser Plugin (2 Viewers)

first407

Portal Member
November 9, 2005
Norway
Hi

I can confirm that the same thing is happen for me. When I enable the Web browser plugin my MCE doesn't work. If I disable the plugin everything is OK. I am using MP 0.1.3.

Stooo

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
Scotland
I'm getting the same problem of no keyboard navigation after and during using the webbrowser plugin.

I have MP set to minimize to tray on exit and found that if you minimize it and then restore then keyboard control is back

However there is still no way to control with the keyboard arrow keys while in the webbrowser.

P.S - Using the lates CVS build of 0.2

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: Web browser plugin + MCE remote

adysh0rt said:
Hi

I am running the 0.2.0 RC1 version and added the browser plug in manually with no issues apart from the MCE remote failing to work consistently. I've messed with the settings which have had no effect, regressing to my own snapshot with no browser installed returns the remote to full functionality. I have also tried the latest CVS snapshot that adds the browser and this has the same affect on the remote functionality whereby it fails to work properly.

Cheers

Ady

This exactly discribes my problem with the webbrowser and remote. Also with (almost) the latest CVS

MichaelK

Portal Pro
January 1, 2005
Kaarst, Germany
as soon as mp is started (with the webbrowser plugin enabled) the keys are not responding. one time i see a messagewindow in background with an mozilla error, and when i press ok with the mouse, the are functioning again. but i did not see allways this window.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MichaelK said:
    as soon as mp is started (with the webbrowser plugin enabled) the keys are not responding. one time i see a messagewindow in background with an mozilla error, and when i press ok with the mouse, the are functioning again. but i did not see allways this window.

Have you installed the Mozilla ActiveX ?

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Re: Web browser plugin + MCE remote

Bram said:
    adysh0rt said:
    Hi

I am running the 0.2.0 RC1 version and added the browser plug in manually with no issues apart from the MCE remote failing to work consistently. I've messed with the settings which have had no effect, regressing to my own snapshot with no browser installed returns the remote to full functionality. I have also tried the latest CVS snapshot that adds the browser and this has the same affect on the remote functionality whereby it fails to work properly.

Cheers

Ady

This exactly discribes my problem with the webbrowser and remote. Also with (almost) the latest CVS

I have been testing a patch for this issue. I think I have it fixed and will submit a patch to SF for it asap.

paddy69

Portal Member
    January 25, 2005
    Hi,

Webbrowser is working fine with me on 0.2 RC2 en modzilla activeX under M$ internet explorer.

Unfortunately I don't know how to tab through the different fields of a webpage with my M$ remote European model. I have to use the (real) keyboard to tab to the next fields.

Anyone who can help me.

Thnx Paddy

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi.

I wanted a Plugin for Mediaportal, but why isn't there a LINK and an Installation Manual on the first POST, instead of people looking through 15 pages?

Also the installation, although is is a beta, is very confusing, because the webbrowser_2.0.zip do not have the webbrowser.dll included, so you will have to get several Zip-files to get the plugin files installed.

Many of you do not have any difficulties installaing the plugin, but for the noobs out there, we will have to have better and easier instruction, or then we will loose a lot of users.

Im not trying to flame anyone:eek:), im just hoping someone could update the first post with the most impotant informations and instructions

/Morten

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's a beta, and fairly easy to install. You just have to dig thrue a whole lot of new info. After 2 installs I can install the whole thing (including windows+driver+codec+players) in 2.5 hours. Fully working. You'll just have to have the patiens the first time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom