Web EPG information not visible in MP EPG (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Something weird has happened to my EPG since I've been using MP pre-release 1.4.0. Most of my EPG comes from DVB, but I use WebEPG for a few channels. Recently the WebEPG channels have no data in the EPG - the ones using DVB EPG are fine. If I run a WebEPG manually in TVServer Setup it claims to have worked and imported lots of programmes, but nothing actually appears on the MP EPG.

Any ideas what's going on? Does WebEPG need updating for MP 1.4.0 or is there something broken on my system?

Rob

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just tried WebEPG in MediaPortal 1.4 Pre Release and it does work normally.
    Some suggestions on what you could try:
    • Check the log files to see if there's any hints of what went wrong.
    • Grab to a xml file which you can open in Notepad to see that it contains programs and channel names.
    • Open the database table to see if the tv listings made it there.
    • Try grabbing from another site or country to make sure there's no problem with you grabber.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply. At least I know now it should work in 1.4 pre release. I'll have a look in the logs and try some of your test suggestions.

Rob

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Had a chance to test it a bit more. Trying to do a manual grab to xml file produces no output, so that at least proves it's not a problem with the MySQL tables. The grabbers all claim to have run, and say 237 programmes imported.
    The only log file I can find anything in to do with this is attached - it's saying "connection lost", but what connection does it mean?

Rob

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    OK, this is getting weird... the first two channels in the webepg list are importing properly, then all the rest fail. But, if I disable the first two, the next two work. Whatever list of channels I set up, the first two work, the rest fail with the error in the log I posted earlier.
    Any ideas what would cause that?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    looking at your logs i just see that WebEPG grabber doesn't wait before sending next request to HTTP server, and server appears to refuse connection if it gets defined count of requests per time interval (i guess this webserver setting is to protect itself from DDOS attacks).
    Try to find another WebEPG grabber that use web sites without such restrictions.
    Or try to adjust delay for requests in your epg grabber as described here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...2.22_delay.3D.22.22_user-agent.3D.22.22.2F.3E

Last edited:

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    OK, thanks. I didn't know you could put a delay in - that makes sense, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Making the delay longer (up to 2000ms from the default 1000ms) has fixed it, thanks :)
    I wonder what changed, whether it was just a coincidence that the website (mydigiguide) became more restrictive around the time I installed MP 1.4, or whether the WebEPG in 1.4 is different?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom