WebBrowser in MP (1 Viewer)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    samuel337 said:
    devo said:
    Doesn't the online content plugin display web pages, ive looked at the code and it uses the mozilla activeX control but I have tried it.

If it does then all we need to do is create a new plugin and use the same idea.

I wouldn't mind helping do this as I would use it very often.

I like the layout of the simple browser too.

I created the Online Content plugin, though i haven't had time to update it recently.

It uses the IE ActiveX control. I tried the mozilla one, but it didn't support the new HTMLDocument2 object, so I couldn't zoom properly.

It works by loading a winforms dialog over the DirectX MP environment. As its loaded by MP though, it can fully communicate with MP.

Sam

That sounds great. The mozilla control is meant to be switched from underneath the IE one so its possible it could be replace when the zooming is fixed, or working properly. (Mozilla rocks :D )

Do you mind if we borrow your code and make a web browser plugin or was that your intention with the OC plugin?

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Go for it. I don't have time to update it anyway, so it'll be nice if someone else picked it up. I mean, you could even combine the two if you want, or create a seperate web browser plugin - the online content and a web browser plugin would complement each other.

It would be nice if you could do it in C# and get it implemented as a dialog type on MP though, so that any plugin can use it, not just your web browser plugin.

Sam

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    samuel337 said:
    Go for it. I don't have time to update it anyway, so it'll be nice if someone else picked it up. I mean, you could even combine the two if you want, or create a seperate web browser plugin - the online content and a web browser plugin would complement each other.

It would be nice if you could do it in C# and get it implemented as a dialog type on MP though, so that any plugin can use it, not just your web browser plugin.

Sam

C# all the way. Sounds like good ideas. I will see what I can do.

I have wanted a web browser plugin since I started using MP.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    samuel337 said:
    devo:

BTW, I hope you understand my code, but if there's something you don't get, feel free to ask me here or via PM.

Sam

Great, thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread