WebEPG Colours & Genre (1 Viewer)

TheButler

Portal Member
January 28, 2006
Hi
Could anyone help me get genre colours in the EPG.
I use WebEPG to download the program guide.
Downloading from GB/Mydigiguide
I have "Show colours in EPG" enabled, but I don't get any colours.
I think it is because the genre information is not being downloaded, but can't be sure.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

TheButler

Portal Member
January 28, 2006
I've tried most skins and have had the same problem. Mostly I use Blue Two or Razor.
I'm using Testrelease 0.2 RC3 and SVN 03.04.06, however I've had this problem in all versions of MP.
Don't know if this is related but I enabled the Personal TV plug-in and when I try to search under genre it comes back blank, Also if I search by title it will list the programs but under the program title it says unknown, which I assume should display the genre. This is why I feel it might be the grabber not downloading the genre data. I think there must be a way of editing the grabber to download this data, but don't know how to. Any ideas please.

Edit: Done some more experimenting tonight. Tried TV_grab_uk_rt and did a manual grab but still no luck. It would appear that the grabber is downloading the genre data as it is displayed in the the program info. Not sure what to try next.

TheButler

Portal Member
January 28, 2006
I've searched the forum and it seems a few people have this problem but no one has come up with any answers. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this just is a bug. If you want to fix it:
    - open mediaportal.xml
    - search for <entry name="colors">
    - change this to <entry name="_colorList">yes</entry>

Just a temporary fix....

Flip.

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Wellington, NZ
    FlipGer said:
    Hi,

this just is a bug. If you want to fix it:
    - open mediaportal.xml
    - search for <entry name="colors">
    - change this to <entry name="_colorList">yes</entry>

Just a temporary fix....

Flip.

i tried on my MP machine but no difference, still no colors. using XMLTVNZ to get the EPG info - and they have general - sport - news etc for the genre

tfd

Portal Member
    March 29, 2006
    question on the colors displayed

Now that we are all too thrilled with the actual genre colors it's time for me to figure out how to influence them.

I've noticed that my EPG imported from TVGids_to_xml.exe results in a number of genres in the actual EPG displayed in MP.

Some colors are awful/hard to read; for example the dutch genre "Amusement" is displayed when not "current" in black font on a blue/darkblue background.

Anyone have any pointers how to influence the colors?

Much appreciated
    TFD

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Wellington, NZ
    Re: question on the colors displayed

tfd said:
    Now that we are all too thrilled with the actual genre colors it's time for me to figure out how to influence them.

I've noticed that my EPG imported from TVGids_to_xml.exe results in a number of genres in the actual EPG displayed in MP.

Some colors are awful/hard to read; for example the dutch genre "Amusement" is displayed when not "current" in black font on a blue/darkblue background.

Anyone have any pointers how to influence the colors?

Much appreciated
    TFD

yeah me too i checked them out after one of the svn builds not so long ago and thought hell that pink is bright

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom