WEBEPG for Dutch channels (ZIGGO) (1 Viewer)

Ton Jense

Portal Member
September 14, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm totally lost with WEBEPG...
I used automap. Grab Now finds various (I think not all) channels and programs, but in the MediaPortal Guide I have only 2 (Nick Toons and 23Kitchen). Those are in separate xml-files, not in tvgids.nl.
Is tvgids.nl still working? Found some threads in this forum (in 2008) stating it isn't, but if thats true, why is still there ?
In tvgidsnl I read names like ned1@omroep.nl, ned2@omroep.nl, etc.
Ned1, Ned2, Ned3 have been renamed to NPO1, NP2, NPO3 and there are some new channels, that are not in the xml files. Could that be part of the problem ???
I included my logfiles.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

From the logs, it looks like most of your channels are not associated with a WebEPG grabber/source. Of those that are, it looks like most of the associated WebEPG sources are not working.

Regards,
    mm

Ton Jense

Portal Member
    September 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm aware I did not associate each channel with a grabber/source. And I noticed the ones that are, are not working.
    In which logfile should I look to see what you've seen ?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Out of curiousity: Why do you prefer the WebEPG solution and not the DVB EPG from Ziggo?

Ton Jense

Portal Member
    September 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's not zo much because I prefer WebEPG...
    I just don't know how to get DVB EPG from Ziggo working

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's not zo much because I prefer WebEPG...
    I just don't know how to get DVB EPG from Ziggo working
    Aaah, well, that's really easy :)
    First you need to make sure you Tuners are enabled for EPG Grabbing. You do that in TV Server config > TV Servers > hostname/IP > Select the tuner and hit 'Edit button:
    upload_2015-1-11_12-51-44.png
    Make sure this is checked.

Then go to the secion DVB EPG > TV Epg grabber.
    Make sure 'Store data only for selected channels' is UNchecked, and ONLY check NPO 1 in the list 'Grab EPG for these channels'. NPO 1 contains the entire EPG for all channels. ;)
    upload_2015-1-11_12-56-29.png
    Ones you've set this up, restart your TV Service. You can do this on the Manual Control tab > Stop Service. Same button changes to Start Service. After that see if you EPG grabbing is started automatically (you can see the Tuner acitivty in this Manual Control screen), and if it doesn't, just hit the 'Refresh DVB EPG' button there. Then wait a couple of minutes for the EPG to be grabbed.

You can see progress of EPG grabbing in your TVService.log (on server).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's great Ton :)
    @HomeY do you know if those WebEPG grabbers are actually working or not? While it is good to be able to suggest the alternative, ideally we shouldn't have non-working grabbers in our repo. They'll just cause confusion for people...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @HomeY do you know if those WebEPG grabbers are actually working or not?
    No clue. Only time i tried Web EPG (a long long time ago), i tried WebGrab++ and that worked fine after manual set up.
    Haven't seen any (bug)reports about it either lately, so we might assume it works as expected.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom