WebEPG foxtel grabbers... (1 Viewer)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    HI Guys - can anyone point me in the right direction of how to get WebEPG work for Foxtel program information????

I seem to be able to find references to people who are doing it but I can't find how to do it!! (I feel like I'm on glue!)

When I select a FTA channel there is a grabber listed but not for Foxtel channels...

I'm using digital FTA and Foxtel captured through analog card.

Thanks in advance.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi BKCH,

The foxtel site encript the text on there guide site and use javascript functions to decript it. So it is not possible to get the information from there.

Ourguide does not have any pay channels.

So I would look into D1, I not sure if they have information for the foxtel channels.

Cheers,

/James

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi James,

Thanks for the repsonce - I have been using D1 in the past and it used to work quite well but for the last 2-3 weeks (with no changes from me) I only get FTA information all the pay TV channels have no guide information...

It'd be awesome if we could grab from tvguide.org.au into WebEPG - has anyone been able to get that working?

(I used to have a TiVo and the information on tvguide.org.au is by far and away the best available in Australia - and it's legal!)

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi James,
    Another web TV guide that delivers pay tv information in Oz is

www.yourtv.com.au

As this site delivers info for both FTA and pay, being able to grab from here may provide a work around for the pay tv time offset problems experienced by those of us in Queensland during the daylight saving months.

Cheers

Jamie

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Jamie - thanks for the post - I hadn't seen yourtv - it seems quite good - will be interesting if webepg can grab from this.

For now I've solved my problem with tvharvest but would love to switch eventually...

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    it's basically impossible to rip from yourtv.com.au - they use a cookie system for navigating within their site, and limit you to about 10 url hits before they block you from getting results for a day.
    which is a real pain, because yourtv is the most comprehensive guide that i've found on the net - it's also the only one that marks which programs are HD :(

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi there

ive been helping out James with most of the australian grabbers...but till now no one has really asked for paytv channels ...i can get onto it if u guys want

seems that au.tv.yahoo.com do have paytv ..but their site does block descriptions after a few tries

ill have a look to see if i can figure out D1.com.au also

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi SiLenTYL I don't think D1 offer pay information anymore - it stopped working ~3 weeks ago and I heard that it has stopped working for Optus pay also.

Longer term I suspect that tvguide.org.au may be the best option for Australian pay info but I am using tvharvest for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom