WebEPG, is it precise? (1 Viewer)

fera

Portal Pro
October 13, 2005
Hello,

i m currently using the EPG data from DVB-T. Unfortunately DVB-T only provides Data for the next 3 days. Plus: I ve to view the channels in order to get the channels EPG data.

So i was wondering if WebEPG is better? What happens when a program is delayed for some reason? How precise is it?

I would really appreciate if you could help me deciding whether i should use WebEPG or EPG over DVB-T

Thanks for you time.

btw: Location: Berlin

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Depends on what data you can get currently and what data you can get from WebEPG. Why not just give it a shot and see, it won't cost you anything but a little time.

As for what it does if a program is delayed: absolutely nothing. It downloads data from a static source once a day or so, and thus is not equipped to handle program delays.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    It depends on the web site you get the data from. You should be asking about the data from the web site in your area not WebEPG. It just gets the data into a usable form for MP.

/James

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Having tried both and bought TV guides nothing is 100% guaranteed,

But webepg does gather more days info and as you said if you don't use particular channels no EPG.
    Hope this helps

Ray 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom