WebEPG issues (1 Viewer)

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
Hi James, I just use channel # and the channel letters as id as it is much easier to make to the right channel. For example, I use 2 WCBS as channel id for WCBS. It doesn't matter what you imput in the channel ID as long as the web site points to the correct channel. Is this correct? When I get a chance to try it ou, I will let you know how it goes with the descriptions downloading without errors. Also James, should episde tittles show up as well? Episode tittles are most important when it comes to grabbing any extra information about a tv show. Also equally as important is information about sporting events such what teams are playing for that sport such as baseball or basketball. when importing a tvguide.xml file generated from XMLTV did not show this information. Instead it showed NBA basketball or MLB baseball and for the description, it said unknown. Hopefully I will have different results with your WEBEPG. Or perhaps and I hope not, this could be a bug within mediaportal tv guide as using the same tvguide.xml file in another app oddly showed the information that does not appear in mediaportal such as teams that are playing and episode tittles for tv shows. Sorry for the long post.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Broadband,

The information needs to be available on the site from which we grab. Although WebEPG, doesn't get all special/extra information from all sites.

For this site it gets the Title, Genre and Description. How good the information in these fields is depends on the site.

/James

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    With XMLTV grabbing guide data from zap2it, I couldn't get important information such as episde tittles for shows and teams that are playing for the sport event such as baseball or basketball but other information such as genre, actors, and descriptions showed up. Zap2it did have episode titles as well as what teams would be playing when sporting events such as baseball or basketball are on. Yahoo tv guide also has team information and episode titles for tv shows. So it could be a bug between the xml file and mediaportal. I hope not though. Thanks for answering my questions James. I will get back to you on WwebEPG as soon as I can.

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    James, after trying out mediaportal RC3, I was able to get program descriptions to download. However, I am still having hte issue of not being able to download many channels. This time there is no eorror. Just hte firewall stops showing traffic and I see that webepg is no longer running according ot task manager. I am left with the file tvguide-writing.xml. I have about 50 channels in my list. Thanks.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi broadband412,

This is most likely yahoo blocking your access after too many requests. I have fixed this so that WebEPG will no longer crash. I cannot however stop yahoo blocking access from too many requests. The only way to fix this would be to reduce the number of request by using the time feature on linked pages.

You can check if this is the case by trying the last URL in the log file and see what message you get in a web browser. Most likely something like "Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999."

Can you try it again with a new build (dated after this post).

/James

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    James, I am still having the same problem. At the end of hte log files, it says Fatal error. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I will e mail you the log files and unfinished xmltv file.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Broadband412,

There have been a number of problems with the CVS system over the last few days. Hence the move to SVN. So I'm not sure if my changes made it into the last CVS builds.

I have just got everything setup for the SVN system.

Can you download the newest SVN build and test it. Also if there is a problem can you try visiting the last URL in the log file after the "Reading ...".

Thanks,

/James

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    James, All seems to be fine now. All I have to is fill in the rest of the channels. Thanks for helping me out. I will be gone for a few weeks starting tomorrow. I will e mail you the completed tv.yahoo.com.xml file so you can add the channels to the database when I return. I will e mail you any changes that ocur to the channel lineup so that the lineup is current. Again, thanks for providing WebEPG which makes recording and viewing tv show episode information much easier.

simmo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2005
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    James,

My WEBEPG is "broken" on both my test and production HTPC and is not related to your recent changes to fix problems relating to time differances as I have not updated my production unit yet. I sent you the logs as part of another thread. All days now show the same program for the duration of the day. This is usually the program that starts or is in progress at the start of each day. Could this be related to the delay in change back to DLS in Oz due to Commonwealth Games? Just a thought. Haven't changed anything else. Still grabbing from minnie.tuhs.org.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom