WebEPG Matchlist section not working (1 Viewer)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
TV-Server Version: TV Server 1.0 RC1 Refresh
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.0 RC1 Refresh
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Windows Vista Business
CPU Type: AMD 64-X2 5600+
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 400 and 500 (SATA), Western Digital 500 SATA
Memory: 2x 1gb Corsair
Motherboard: Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe
Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia nForce 5 series
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce FX 8600GT
Video Card Driver: 163.69
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: Coaxial Out used in passthrough
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 350
2. TV Card Type: Analog
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 7
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD 7
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Voo Cable
HTPC Case: mCubed hfx classic
Cooling: hfx Borg passive CPU cooler
Power Supply: Yesico 550W fanless
Remote: Hauppauge 45 button
TV: LG 37LC3R
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI

<venting frustration>My main system is currently down, I have never had such an unstable motherboard as this Asus M2N32-SLI... I have tried a dozen reinstalls of my system over the weekend, so right now I am testing MP 1.0 RC1 on my laptop</venting frustration>

Somewhere around New Year there were a few changes made to WebEPG to support 'non-standard characters'. Ever since the whole
Code:
  <MatchList>
   <Match field="#COUNTRY" match="Land" />
   <Match field="#GENRE" match="Genre" />
   <Match field="#DESCRIPTION" match="Info" />
   <Match field="#DESCRIPTION" match="Inhoud" />
   <Match field="#ACTORS" match="Acteurs" />
   <Match field="#SUBTITLE" match="Afleveringstitel" />
   <Match field="#EPISODE" match="Aflevering" />
  </MatchList>

section is not working anymore. It seems that the fields never get matched.

I reported this before but as not many grabbers seem to use this function, it did not bother enough people to be a major issue. Maybe this can be solved for the final release ?

The two affected grabbers that I know of are:
20min_ch.xml
www_teveblad_be.xml

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
*bump*

Please ???

Digital EPG is not working here, and WebEPG gave me by far the best result when it was working !

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
*bump*

For those that get the impression I am the only to suffer from this, the whole Flemmish Belgian community does: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/electronic-program-guide-67/epg-guide-belgium-dutch-14592/

The origin of the issue was when I asked support for Unicode characters: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webepg-136/special-characters-tvguide-xml-32031/ and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/electronic-program-guide-67/trying-fix-teveblad-grabber-32317/

Originally it gave an Index out of Bound error, which got fixed: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webepg-136/webepg-index-outside-bounds-array-33452/

Some other users reported the same issue about the Teveblad grabber being broken: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/webepg-tvgids-fatal-error-33632/

Could anyone at least acknowledge this issue ? Been trying to get it fixed ever since New Year. I am extremely satisfied with MediaPortal and even WebEPG, which was way batter than any other grabber before it got broken.

I had a look at the code, but having stopped coding over 10 years ago... to no avail...

So, if any of the developers has some spare time (yeah... wishful thinking) and knows enough about this part of the code... please feel free !

:D

jverdeyen

Portal Member
January 5, 2008
Do you receive digital television in belgium ? And how do you map your analog channels? Cuz I can't select a band, only a frequency, so ... I didn't took the step to RC1 or a TV-server cuz my tv channels don't work properly.

kind regards

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Yes, I do receive Digital tv both through the cable (DVB-C signal from Voo, formerly Brutele) and through terrestrial broadcast (DVB-T, what the french call TNT, only the 'official' channels).

Do you live in Belgium yourself ? I am not sure I understand the question about mapping the channels.

jverdeyen

Portal Member
January 5, 2008
I live in Belgium myself :).

Well,

I have Hauppauge PVR 500, with a dual analog tuner. I make mediaportal scan both cards for channels. So they come up with channels like '2be' but with a description of the current program. Some channels like 'één' really do show één as their name.

All I wanna do is add my channels manualy (like I do now), and give the band + frequency I get from telenet. So I add only the channels I need, and give them the names I want. But it doesn't seems to work like that. First mediaportal should scan my tunercards, and then I can rename them ... I don't get it to work properly.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Now I understand !

I used to have only analog and then did the same as you: do a full scan, curse badly because the names were those of the program and not the channel, then rename the channels while comparing to the official listing of my provider and double-checking with normal TV. I did not find an easier way to this.

Now I first have all my digital channels detected. Then I go to combine the analog channels into the digital, so the names are those gotten from the digital broadcast, which are correct.

I plan to start a wiki page about Belgium, when there is anything interesting, I'll put it in my signature.

dirkw

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
I have a problem with the name of Kanaal2 changed to 2BE ...
I don't manage to get the programms of 2BE (Kanaal2) in my EPG anymore ...
I thaught it was only a matter of changing the channelname, bur that doesn't seem to be the solution.
Can anyone help me please ?

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Are you using TV server or built-in TV engine ?

I use TV server and did the following. I changed nothing on the grabber side, as teveblad still uses the name Kanaaltwee on their webserver. Since I have changed the name of the channel itself inside MP, I had to change the mappings of channel to webepg.

For this you go into xmltv plugin and go to mapping (from memory, no tv server at the office). Just map your channel to the right grabbed channel. Hm, sounds like gibberish but I hope you understand !

If you're not using TV-server, you need to do something similar, but cannot remember how exactly.

Bottomline: don't change the grabber, change the channel mapping.

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    Is this bug still there, because in my case it isn't writing actors field and some others in the tvguide.xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom