WEBEPG no data available (1 Viewer)

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I have followed the guides for WEBEPG but I just cant seem to get program info in my TV guide, just says no data available. can someone please send me an absolute idiots guide to get WEBEPG working, I have mapped all the channels in the WebEPG config, then ran WebEPG.exe, which fills up the TVguide.xml file fine, I have cicked the button 'remove all programs from TV database, unticked grab epg fom dvb. I am running the atest SVN with server and client, in the UK unning two Nova T-500 DVB-T cards, any suggestions please?

Regards,
Kev.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello metropolis,

(You should start the MediaPortal Configuration first and navigate to "Television -> Program Guide" in order to remove the checkbox at "Grab EPG from DVB" if it exists and also click on "Remove all programs from TV database". You also have to adjust your timezone by checking "Use time zone information from XMLTV file" and entering your offset in "Compensate time zone with:" "X" "Hours".)

1. Navigate into your MediaPortal installation directory (Standard is "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal").

2. Run "WebEPG-conf.exe" there.

3a. You might be able to import your channel-list from MediaPortal (when you use the integrated TV-Engine) or the MediaPortal TV-Server. If so select the according software in the lower right and hit "import". Continue with step 4...

3b. If you are not able to import accordingly to step 3a enter a custom name for a channel to add in the textfield on the top and hit "Add".

4. Select your channel from the window below the textfield.

5. Click the "[...]" Button on the right side, to the right of the field which is named "Channel".

6. Browse the upcoming menu for your desired channel, select it and hit "Select".

7. Continue Step 3-6 for all your channels.

8. When you mapped all channels click on "Save" in order to save your List. (The List is saved as "C:\Documents und Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\WebEPG.xml" in case you want to backup your settings.)

9. You are now eligible to either run the "WebEPG.exe" manually (also in the standard MediaPortal directory) or you run the MediaPortal configuration, navigate to "Plugins -> WebEPG grabber" and configure it to the times you want the EPG to be automatically updated.

10. Done. As long as the EPG is updated it is writing to the file "TVguide-writing.xml" in the Mediaportal subdirectory "XMLTV", its name is changed to "TVguide.xml"as soon as the Grabber is done. Depending on your number of channels, your connection speed and the server load it is possible that the update process lasts very (!) long (30-60 minutes) so better be patient before assuming an error.

Note: If you use the TV-Server don't forget to activate the respective XMLTV-plugin in the TV-Server-Configuration (SetupTV.exe) and select the WebEPG path as import folder (for example "C:\Documents und Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv").

-level20peon

EDIT: german version of this guide

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi level20peon, thanks for your detailed explanation, unfortunatley I have already tried all of the above a number of times but still I have the no data available problem, any other suggestions?

Regards.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well why haven't you mentioned that you are using TV-Server ? No wonder that your EPG does not work. Start the TV-Server configuration and navigate to "Plugins". Activate "XmlTv" there and go to "Plugins -> XmlTv. Setup your correct XMLTV directory there (standard is "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\WebEPG.xml") and activate all three checkboxes. Also setup your time offset there. Click on "OK" in order to save your settings and wait a few minutes for the EPG to import. You should be able to see the TV-Guide in MediaPortal afterwards.

-level20peon

edit: Ensure to uncheck the "Grab EPG from DVB" in MediaPortal configuration before you continue !

Dubyahjay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Atlanta
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have directv in the states, so with this method I will have to sort through all 900 channels and assign them to the appropriate website? Is there an easier way that I am missing? I guess the better question would be to ask if there is another person stateside that has already done this?

I just dont see the value in doing this by hand, it would take me days to complete.

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    10. Done. As long as the EPG is updated it is writing to the file "TVguide-writing.xml" in the Mediaportal subdirectory "XMLTV", its name is changed to "TVguide.xml"as soon as the Grabber is done. Depending on your number of channels, your connection speed and the server load it is possible that the update process lasts very (!) long (30-60 minutes) so better be patient before assuming an error.

Ok I have done it and it works. THANKS!!!!!
    I have one question left.
    Why many channels are not associated to a information provider?
    Is it possible to give them an association? How?

Thanks

enzo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom