WebEPG not grabbing Data (1 Viewer)

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi there,
Just as i think i'm getting the hang of this great program, mediaportal then decides its going to school me some more.

Im trying to set up the online epg using webepg as i am very confused on setting up and grabbing from OZtivo with xmltv.

i have read the wiki and tried minnie provider and also yahoo, but all i get is total channels imported 25, total programmes inported 0

any help with either web epg or xmltv would be greatly apprecated.

please note that i dont know what file to point xmltv to in the oztivo ftp server as they seem to be a zipped files.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    hello, are you sure that your DVB epg info is inconsistent and you need to use webepg/xmltv?
    Also I've read that some guys are using EPGCollector tool for grabbing info from stream and then import its results in Mediaportal.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was going to try ota and Internet guides and see which one is better but setting it up seems to be a real pain here in Australia.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah don't really want to pay for something I get for free on our TiVo. So just wondering if anyone has successfully setup webepg or xmltv to grab data here in Australia particularly in Adelaide south Australia.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wil also look at epg collector, can that be configured for use in Australia.
    Yes, I'm sure EPG Collector can be configured for use anywhere in Australia. I think you may even have the choice of two EPG protocols (EIT or MHEG 5).

Yeah don't really want to pay for something I get for free on our TiVo.
    A word of advice, if I may: when it comes to EPG, you very much get what you pay for. If you want free (in terms of $) then expect time and difficulty in setup. You don't pay for the data when it comes via your TiVo, but TiVo has to pay for it on your behalf.

MadibaJ

Portal Member
    January 22, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm using EPGCollector to get Brisbane data with no issues. The quality of mheg 5 data is far better than EIT.

I started to look into a new service freepg.tv haven't yet figured out how to get the data into MP

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    From what I understand epg collector scrapes the broadcasts via a tuner and repackages it in xml format, I understand that a quality epg would need to be paid for somehow, I was just wondering now if I'm bashing my head against a brick wall and should give up on it and just use the ota guide or if anyone actually has a web guide still working for them in south Australia.

Last edited:

MadibaJ

Portal Member
    January 22, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I reckon the quality of data I get is nearly as good as icetv but free.

EPGCollector collector lets you choose if you want EIT = OTA
    Mheg5 = freeview data.

EPG collector then runs the data through tvdb to enhance it.

And puts out an xml.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom