Webinterface plugin (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Somehow, you're using a old version of ECP2Assembly. Can you delete ECP2Assembly.dll from your MediaPortal folder then reinstall the latest version of MPW. That should fix it.

Sam

snorre

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
samuel337 said:
Somehow, you're using a old version of ECP2Assembly. Can you delete ECP2Assembly.dll from your MediaPortal folder then reinstall the latest version of MPW. That should fix it.

Sam

Check! That did the trick! Thanks Sam, and thanks for a great piece of software!

laura25

Portal Member
December 27, 2005
Any way to manual recording via WAP ???

Is there any way to add a manual recording, on the same way as web interface do, via WAP. I can see how to do it throw EPG, but some channels doen not have EPG guide. How can i make a recording of them.

Thanks.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: Any way to manual recording via WAP ???

laura25 said:
    Is there any way to add a manual recording, on the same way as web interface do, via WAP. I can see how to do it throw EPG, but some channels doen not have EPG guide. How can i make a recording of them.

Thanks.

No - not yet that is.

We might be integrating this in the future.

computer

Portal Member
    December 10, 2005
    any reason why everytime you load a page it causes TV to jump really badly (to a state where its actually unwatchable) for a few seconds?

any fixes for this? i assuem apache is using too much resources?

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    computer said:
    any reason why everytime you load a page it causes TV to jump really badly (to a state where its actually unwatchable) for a few seconds?

any fixes for this? i assuem apache is using too much resources?

Perhaps look at the amount of memory being used by Apache - and what's available in the machine.

I've never experienced it at my own HTPC....

computer

Portal Member
    December 10, 2005
    interesting there seems to be two instances of apache running, one consuming ~10Mb and another at ~70Mb :| When i load a page the memory climbs to well over 100mb and cpu usage hits 100% for a few minutes. oh dear!

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    CPU penatly isn't so bad here; TV does not suffer at all, but you can see when you first access the web interface because there is a lot of disk activity for a few seconds. Having a hardware TV tuner helps here. But I agree that the load seems a bit on the high side.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    computer said:
    interesting there seems to be two instances of apache running, one consuming ~10Mb and another at ~70Mb :| When i load a page the memory climbs to well over 100mb and cpu usage hits 100% for a few minutes. oh dear!

Mine is ~10MB and ~36MB

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

This surely depends on the size of your TV database. I have very detailed data here on my HTPC which is for the next 14 days with ~35 channels. At the moment the algorithms dealing with the data are not very optimised. For example right now the hover data (when you go with your mouse pointer over a show) is loaded for all (!) shows in the guide view.

If we changed this to load it just when hovering over the one show you want to see it for it will decrease the database activity a lot. Same is for checking if a show is part of a series recording. There is also a lot of scanning in the database done.

Next thing is that using SQLite is slower than using a "real" MySQL-Server for example. This also explains the disc activity as SQLite is only a file on your hdd...

The only thing I can say at the moment is that you need to live with this. Sorry. We're all in all still in an early status of our projects and sometimes a quick'n dirty implementation is done to get it working, optimisation will be done later...

Maschine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom