Webinterface plugin (2 Viewers)

garretwp

Portal Member
December 17, 2005
I got it to work. I found out that my copy of media portal messed up and installed the .20 RC2 version from scratch!

Thanks

Garrett

snorre

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
Recording appears in the MP EPG but MP doesn't record

Sorry to inform you that I can't get the lastest version of this amazing creation to work! I previously used versions of both the webinterface and MP from sometime this summer, and it worked like a charm. Yesterday I installed the latest version of both the webinterface and MP, I have followed the installation guide for the webinterface and everything appears to be working except that MP is not recording anything! The recordings I make from the web appear in the EPG in MP but MP just won't record it! What am I missing here? Any clues?

Snorre

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: Recording appears in the MP EPG but MP doesn't record

snorre said:
    Sorry to inform you that I can't get the lastest version of this amazing creation to work! I previously used versions of both the webinterface and MP from sometime this summer, and it worked like a charm. Yesterday I installed the latest version of both the webinterface and MP, I have followed the installation guide for the webinterface and everything appears to be working except that MP is not recording anything! The recordings I make from the web appear in the EPG in MP but MP just won't record it! What am I missing here? Any clues?

Snorre

Well - it's something in MP - try and look in your log files and see if this makes it easier...

snorre

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Thanks for your advice! I have inspected the logs and they give me nothing... However, I have made some tests and it is now clear the restarting MP after adding a recording in MPW does the trick. MP then somehow catches up the recording in a way it doesn't do if not restarted. Anyone else experiencing this?

For the devs: Several columns in the recording table of TV database are not filled in by the MPW, like padding before and after the show, is it supposed to be this way?

Another question: I have tried the WAP interface... I get it to work (except for the problem described above) from a web wap emulator such as http://www.wapsilon.com/ but not from my phone (A SE K750i), anyone that have the MPW WAP interface working on the SonyEricsson phone?

Snorre

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    snorre said:
    Thanks for your advice! I have inspected the logs and they give me nothing... However, I have made some tests and it is now clear the restarting MP after adding a recording in MPW does the trick. MP then somehow catches up the recording in a way it doesn't do if not restarted. Anyone else experiencing this?

For the devs: Several columns in the recording table of TV database are not filled in by the MPW, like padding before and after the show, is it supposed to be this way?

Another question: I have tried the WAP interface... I get it to work (except for the problem described above) from a web wap emulator such as http://www.wapsilon.com/ but not from my phone (A SE K750i), anyone that have the MPW WAP interface working on the SonyEricsson phone?

Snorre

Which version of MPW have you installed?

snorre

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    LordMessi said:

Man you are fast! The update window in MPW says´:

Current Version .: 0.3.2
    Current Build .: 2005_09_16_20_00
    Current Language .: English
    Current Webservice version .: 1.0.2067.40040
    Current ECP2Assembly.dll(running within MediaPortal) version .: Object id #10
    Current ECP2Assembly.dll(running within the Webservice) version .: 1.1.2.40040

Does that info give you any ideas?

EDIT: Wait a minute! I now discovered the CVS tab at your web site! Should I apply the files in that archive as well? I supose so! I on to it!

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    snorre said:
    LordMessi said:

Man you are fast! The update window in MPW says´:

Current Build .: 2005_09_16_20_00

Does that info give you any ideas?

EDIT: Wait a minute! I now discovered the CVS tab at your web site! Should I apply the files in that archive as well? I supose so! I on to it!

could you goto http://yourservername:81/MPExtControlWS/ and try the RefreshRecordingsInMP function - click it and invoke.

What does this return?

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    snorre said:

Hi Snorre,

yes, please use those cvs files. The padding fields were added to MP after our installer release and so of course they are not included in this version. The CVS patch will let MPW add the values to the db fields.

MPW is currently not up to date at all. The record weekends only recording type is missing for example... Sorry for this :-( I hope there will be some time during the christmas holidays.

Maschine

snorre

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    I have now updated a bit so the update window says

Current Build .: 2005_11_07_19_45
    Current MPWUpdater version .: 0.1.12

LordMessi said:
    could you goto http://yourservername:81/MPExtControlWS/ and try the RefreshRecordingsInMP function - click it and invoke.

What does this return?

Well, this is interesting, clicking invoke gives me:

Code:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.UpdateRecording(MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVRecording ByRef)'.

Server stack trace: 
       at ECP2Assembly.MPHandler.RefreshRecordings()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at MPECP2WS.ECP2WS.RefreshRecordingsInMP()

I guess thats not really correct. Thanks for trying to help me!
    Should I just wait for a new release or admit that I'm too stupid for this... :wink: I guess if noone else has this problem the problem is me...

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    snorre said:
    I have now updated a bit so the update window says

Current Build .: 2005_11_07_19_45
    Current MPWUpdater version .: 0.1.12

LordMessi said:

What does this return?

Well, this is interesting, clicking invoke gives me:

Code:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.UpdateRecording(MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVRecording ByRef)'.

Server stack trace: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at MPECP2WS.ECP2WS.RefreshRecordingsInMP()

I guess thats not really correct. Thanks for trying to help me!
    Should I just wait for a new release or admit that I'm too stupid for this... :wink: I guess if noone else has this problem the problem is me...

Try and reinstall MPW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom