WebMediaPortal on Windows Server Essentials 2016 - Cannot add ASP.NET Application Pool (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I switched to a Windows Server 2016 Essentials Setup, works fine so far.
    I downloaded IIS edition of WMP 0.6beta, which I had running previously on WHS2011.

Now, I cannot add the Asp.net application pool to IIS. aspnet_regiis -ir no longer works in IIS 10.x, I googled for it and only found solutions for WSE2012, which tell me to activate it by installing the feature - I have .NET 3.5 and 4.6 installed and also ASP.NET installed, but no ASP.NET Application pool is showing up and I am not offered to add it.

Can anyone help me, please?

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did nobody set up IIS version on WSE2016 yet? Any help is appreciated.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did nobody set up IIS version on WSE2016 yet? Any help is appreciated.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Requiem,

I have IIS Express 7.5 installed and running on my Server 2016 Standard Edition. I can't remember having any trouble.
    I have .net 3.5 and 4.6 features activated, but no asp.net:
    upload_2017-2-25_11-11-33.png

Though if you're trying to install IIS (not Express) this info may be not helpful... :unsure:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks. I just dont want to install IIS Express alongside with IIS but rather integrate WMP into my default Website. Worked fine on WHS2011. I can install ASP.NET etc., but the application pool just won't show up in IIS Manager, no matter what I try.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oookay, got it. It's very simple - and very annoying, if you come from the old variants...
    The ASP.net application pool will NOT show up in IIS 10.x, even after you installed .NET, MVC3 and ASP.Net. It is integrated into the standard app pools.
    So, all you have to do: Use the standard app pool (Net 4.0, integrated pipeline) and enable 32 bit applications. Everything works fine, then. *sigh*
    I spent hours and hours on that...

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One more thing - create a new Application pool. based on .Net4.0 with integrated pipeline.
    If you use the predefined and allow 32 bit applications, the standard WSE Website will not work anymore. If you dont allow them WebMediaPortal will not work. So just use different application pools and allow 32bti applications for WMP only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom