Webserver failed to start - Miniwebserver (1 Viewer)

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
Interesting, I've downloaded the source and complied it, and found two things
1) In order for the complied code to run, I need to add tvserverhost = "127.0.0.1" into config.xml on the config line
2) I had to have a copy of the miniwebserver.dll in \Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins\MPWebServices\htdocs\bin\miniwebserver

After doing this, I now get 2010-02-23 20:25:35.547000 [TVService(5)]: TV Service: Plugin: MediaPortal WebServices started in the log stating that the services have started, but the configured port is not listening on the server. (confirmed with system internals tcpview). However on my development system (running XP) the server is running and I can connect to it in IE.

ANyone else having problems, let me know if this helps.

One more thing... If I start the web server from the WebServerHost application included in the source code, It starts and runs, I can connect to it, login, but I don't see my pictures, videos etc. Clicking the TV button generates a object reference error page on line 89. Seems to be some more issues.
ine 87: doc.Load(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + "config.xml");
Line 88: XmlNode gNode = doc.SelectSingleNode("/appconfig/config");
Line 89: return gNode.Attributes["scraper_url"].Value;
Line 90: }
Line 91: public static int GetPlayerType()

ph4r4o

Portal Member
January 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
No chance to get it working.

I tried to replace the MiniWebServer.dll with the one from Mike Lowrey and also the one from Oxan, found these two files in the Bugreport Thread.
I replaced both MiniWebServer DLLs, in the plugin folder and in the bin folder. Your hint to add tvserverhost = "127.0.0.1" into config.xml also doesn't worked for me.

hey__me

Portal Pro
March 12, 2009
I had to have it in it's own folder under bin
htdocs\bin\miniwebserver\miniwebserver.dll to get it to start, (Message logged as started) but still have no open port when running with TVServer

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Which operating system are you running? And the 32 or 64 bit? There seeems to be some issues with 64 bit, however I can't locate them...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah. I'll do some tests with Server 2008 next week.

hey__me

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2009
    my issues are vista 32bit

Strange I just did a complete uninstall. Shut down TVService. Reinstalled. Started the TVservice, Enabled the plugin, shutdown the tvservice, restarted the tvservice and now all is well.
    Last time I installed while the TV Service was running. Possible issue?

ph4r4o

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nope, reinstalled over 20 times now with all different available miniwebserver DLLs and also with service on and off.

jimmy1987

February 2, 2009
    I've got this same problem.
    Installed mediaportal 1.1.0 RC + RC 3 webservices.
    I've got .Net framework 3.5

Port 8080 is forwarded.
    I've tried the moving the dll problem.
    Tried removing it with tv service off
    even tried on different addresses ( Lan & Wan )

But it still gives me that error.
    Anyone found a fix yet ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom