h.264 Video Codec: N/A
Satelite/CableTV Provider:N/A
HTPC Case: GENERIC
Cooling: ENOUGH
Power Supply: 300wT FPS ATX2.01
Remote: Hauppauge
TV: Generic 50" plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

OK a few weeks ago i started to set this system up, tracked down and sorted many errors incl dvb fix, usb fix and dual tuner patch. and made a image of c drive with d for data drive incl mp install/sql install etc.
all is working well until i made a few changes and suddenly the second tuner on stick is not recognised/working.
undid all changes and restored c drive from image, second tuner is ok again for two weeks
then last nite i decided to add one of the original changes and extra stick of ram, hey presto on reboots second tuner/server is missing but still listed in mappings etc....
despite reimaging c again and un/re-installing mp still no joy any ideas anyone, where does mp store this info, registry config file in docs etc??
here is a screengrab to help explain
normally there are 2 items listed under lounge

Attachments

• medportl.JPG
    medportl.JPG
    480 KB

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    God damn, IIRC I hade similar problem with my MSI DVB-T dongle (Also a AF9015 if memory suits me right).

I somehow got it cleaned up, but my brain seems to have forgotten how. I'll get back to you if I remember.

(I guess you tried just deleting the card in system properties?)

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    God damn, IIRC I hade similar problem with my MSI DVB-T dongle (Also a AF9015 if memory suits me right).

I somehow got it cleaned up, but my brain seems to have forgotten how. I'll get back to you if I remember.

(I guess you tried just deleting the card in system properties?)

lol thanks, yeah i tried most obvious things, thought it was driver issue and it sure appeared to be after the first re-image but since the second didn't work not so sure, but then thought what the hell and tried the driver re-install anyway even tried on a diff usb port.
    first on the list for next go is a total usb strip-out in case ports need re-detecting/enumerating from bios glitch

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    well now seems like a registry issue, removed that stick and now whilst nothing showing under servers/lounge the priority windows has 3 af9015 unknown entries

tried to install my hauppage TD500 pci card and that wasn't even recognised by mp although driver install showed ok under device manager.
    someone must know where these devices are enumerated fur mp's use???

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    In device manager, change the view to show hidden devices.

Are there multiple entries for your TVcards, and can you now uninstall and remove them.

You may need to do above in safe mode.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    In device manager, change the view to show hidden devices.

Are there multiple entries for your TVcards, and can you now uninstall and remove them.

You may need to do above in safe mode.

just been to check this and no, nothing there m8,
    guess its down to some other registry entry as other software won't pick up cards properly either

Anjin

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi

I have had a similar problem in the past with a Kworld 399U dual USB tuner which has an AF9015 chipset, under XP SP3. On initial install or after removing the stick only one tuner would show in mediaportal.

The stick is a USB composite device and it appeared that the system did not load the BDA driver for the second tuner.

In my case Device manager should show an AF9015 BDA Device under video controllers and a USB composite device under USB controllers. If you go through the process of manually installing the drivers for the USB composite device it should show compatible hardware as both a composite device and an AF9015 BDA device. I have had to manually install the drivers by updating the driver for the composite device and selecting the AF9015 BDA drivers.

jimwormold

Portal Member
    April 27, 2006
    Anjin. I installed the same Kworld 399U dual USB tuner over the weekend and found the same problem/solution as you. However this appears to happen every time I reboot (not only if I take the dongle out). Did you encounter this or know of a fix?

It's a bit of a pain to manually install the drivers each time! Is it something to do with the order in which the drivers are loaded?

btw once their working - they're so much better than my old terratec 2400i dual tuners in terms of response and signal!

Anjin

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Anjin. I installed the same Kworld 399U dual USB tuner over the weekend and found the same problem/solution as you. However this appears to happen every time I reboot (not only if I take the dongle out). Did you encounter this or know of a fix?

It's a bit of a pain to manually install the drivers each time! Is it something to do with the order in which the drivers are loaded?

btw once their working - they're so much better than my old terratec 2400i dual tuners in terms of response and signal!

Hi it's a while since this problem occurred, so I can't remeber the exact details. However this tuner is the most reliable I have found in that it never locks up in the htpc resuming from standby.

This problem did not re-occur after the drivers were manually restored using the process I described in the earlier post. It didn't seem to matter which drivers release was used. It may be that this does not occur if the driver is installed with the original application installation.

However if you see only one tuner after installing:

-Using device manager look for a "USB Composite Device" under "Universal Bus Controllers"

-Confirm it has a device instance id the same as the AF9015 BDA device under sound video and game controllers
    USB\VID_1B80&PID_E399&MI_00\6&1DFC3E45&0&0000

-Choose to reinstall the device driver for the Composite device using these options:
    -DO not use windows update
    -Install from specific location
    -Don't search...
    -Show compatible hardware
    -Choose and install AF9015BDA device

I'm using a AfaTech 8.4.28.1 driver

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom