What are the things called showing info like codex type. (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hey everyone. I need to know what small tiles with info like codec or resolution are called at the bottom of the window are called. Also want to know how mp-tv series figures which of theses to show.
    Thanks
    -S

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think it uses mediainfo.dll

The location of the mediainfo codec images is skin dependent, but the images will be in the /skin/skinname/media folder or within a subfolder of that.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP-TV Series calls them 'Logos'. Like kiwijunglist says, MediaInfo is taken from the files and then in MP-TV Series Config you have the Logo Rules which define what logo to show when:

Logo_Rules.JPG

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    OMG Guys! That screen shot just blew my mind! That is so cool. I wanted to have some custom logos for different type of files (say web rips vs TV) so I guess I just need to look into how this works, find some simple logos and make it work!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It uses pseudo-SQL to be able to match values from the SQLite database with what you want to check for. Simply looking at the existing rules and you get a very good idea on how it works, but you can use an SQLite tool to view the DB3 file to get more column names to check for, provided they are part of the tables that are supported.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks guys for the help. Kind of hit a snag. When I went into my config for MP-TVSeries, there was not a logo tab. I'm using just the blue skin (standard). I am using MP-TVSeries V 3.3.3.3.1972 with Media Portal 1.3 Alpha.

Are there some rules that I could start with that someone else has created or will it be different for my setup?
    -S

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In your skin folder you will see a file called TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml, by default the skin controls the logos so it makes sense to hide this information from the user in configuration so they don't feel overwhelmed and obligated to change it...you can override this behaviour so you control the logos by setting the logo rules import attribute to false in the xml file:

<logos import="false">

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom