what do you guys think about this case? (1 Viewer)

Reies

Portal Member
February 3, 2005
San Joaquin Valley, California, USA
is this a nice case? i can just laid it on its side (micro atx)
can be found at here
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=664836&Tab=1&NoMapp=0

P456-5005-d1.jpg

wizzo

February 8, 2005
Huuuhhhh

Wo tgis is ugly..WAF -10 not usable for livingroom HTPC.

In my opinion

Greetz

Wizzo

PS: Aopen EY65 -> thats a nice one

A

Anonymous

IMHO this case is simply too flasy for a living room htpc. Most users would like something sleek and symmetrical, so that it does not draw attention to itself. but thats just my 2 cents

:EDIT: If you plan to lay the case on its side, you may need to shell out more for optical drives, because not all optical drives support being sideways!

jdiffend

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
ALWAYS compare prices after shipping, not before. Lot's of companies lowball an item's price for Pricewatch.com and make up the difference elsewhere.

Tiger Direct quoted me $13 S&H... + $35 = $48. Shipping may vary though.

http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=property&item=11-145-004
$33 + $10 S&H = $43

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-145-004&depa=1
$36.50 + $8 S&H = $44.50

And that case brings one word to mind when I see it...
EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

jdiffend

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
sportsguy1237 said:
If you plan to lay the case on its side, you may need to shell out more for optical drives, because not all optical drives support being sideways!
Actually, the optical drive is on the left side of the case... the top openings are 3.5" drive bays. The optical drive would be horizontal ONLY if it were on it's side.

I should say that my comment on the looks relate to it's use in the living room. Doesn't fit.

A

Anonymous

well, you caught me there, and wow ive nver seen something like that b4. that is a weird case! :shock:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    man that case is ugly....

if u want a htpc..check out the Shuttle or MSI Mega series HTPC's....look much nicer than that...has LED screen or LCD screen on the front

the only thing this one has that the MSI over shuttle dont is space inside...allowing lower running temperatures and more PCI slots

Reies

Portal Member
    February 3, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley, California, USA
    jajaja, you guys kill me...looks like we have a lot of living room designers

well i'm going with this case, its the only case that i found under 50, where you can place it side ways, i might add legs to fit it for more air flow.

i was going to get a silverstone, but i think i should save some money by buying this case.

case: check
    tv turner: check (coming this thursday)

Users who are viewing this thread