What do you guys use for Music Videos? (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know that mvCentral is supposed to be for Music Videos but it doesn't seem to scrape anything; and I don't believe it's necessarily the plugins fault - it's primarily last.fm ... very popular, retail DVD's of music videos & music video short films don't exist on last.fm. I threw 20 files on mvCentral and it only scraped 2. Other 18 - some of them very popular and officially released retail DVD's were never found. There's no way to specify IMDB as scraper either which actually does have most of these DVD's.

To compound problems further, the discussion forum has practically Zero support. I see threads upon thread with 0 replies. Just can't get any support in there.

So I was wondering - is there an alternate? Is there some other plugin that people are using for their Music Videos collections?

Thanks!

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hey luc, I am having the same problem. I was hoping @trevor would have had some time this weekend to look at ti, but he is a busy guy.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Hey luc, I am having the same problem. I was hoping @trevor would have had some time this weekend to look at ti, but he is a busy guy.
    I can surely understand that; good to know i'm not alone struggling with this.

When you mentioned @trevor looking into into this - exactly what is he supposed to be looking into? A different plugin or better handling by mvCentral?

Thanks mate.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Usually when he looks into these type issues he fixes why last.fm is not scraping and releases a new version of the plugin.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Woke up this morning.... all 1500 music video imported while sleeping. Last.fm just started scraping again out of the blue. Test yours, Luc.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country

Mate, I have a question you might have an answer to; I'm looking around & I'm not finding anything.

By default, and this is true for all MediaPortal, not just mvCentral, if a title has multiple Discs in the DVD Set, for example Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3 ... the importer seems to group them; so only the main title is listed and you can't select the Discs - it plays the first one. Is there a way to disable this? Right now I'm only interested in disabling it in mvCentral. I have 3 ISO's for the 3 Discs of a set; and mvCentral is only importing Disc 1 and tagging along the other 2 discs in the main entry, but I can't select to play Disc 2 or Disc 3 if I want to.
    I'd like to have a separate entry for all 3 discs in the main titles.

Thanks!

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well, this is a setting of MovingPictures and maybe MePo's native video handler, but diabling stacked files:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/8_Contribute/z_MissingFeatures/MediaManagement/Multi-Part_Files_(Stacked_Files)
    is something that can only be done in the plugins options. For example, in MovingPictures you would be able able to disable it and it would only reflect there in movies. Unfortunately, the option to disable has not been added to mvC =(

Some more info maybe: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/multi-part-movies.51571/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom