What is most popular "standby mode" used by MP users... (2 Viewers)

davej00

Portal Pro
March 22, 2006
UK
Ideally it would be good to see a survey on this.

Ive been fiddling with standby modes with MP -- and I wanted to see what was the most popular. Do folk generally just leave their HTPC running 24x7 ? or is S3 [standby] the most popular ? s4 [hibernate] ? or even switched off completely and then powered on by some 3rd party software [or even a person ;-)] when the record time comes around ?

What does yours do ?

Thanks

- Dave

BTW 0.2.0.4 is rock solid !! Well done devs/community !

dale_mac

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
I use S4 hibernate.
I'd rather have the startup information on the hard drive than in RAM in case of power outages.
I just press the button to start it manually when I want to fire it up and powerscheduler switches it off after 10 minutes of inactivity on the home screen.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
hibernate - was having problems recording after resuming from s3. i've grown to like hibernate anyway, since we get a lot of powerouts here and if my box is hibernating it's not affected in any way! :)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I use S3 and I have a UPS just in case there is a power failure. Since S3 uses less than 10W, then the UPS will cover a power outage of several hours. I have found that S3 is a little quicker than S4 to shutdown and resume.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - S3
    - go in and out with the remote or PC case knob
    - all peripherals (TV, 5.1 booster, STB, ...) switched on and off with master/slave power supply

Works nearly (*) perfect :)

thanks+regards
    WeWe
    (*) I have to kill and restart MP because it doesn't properly restart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom