What is most popular "standby mode" used by MP users... (2 Viewers)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Everybody keeps saying that there is little difference of power consumption between S3 and S4. Is there any documentation where I can find something specific on this topic?...
    Are you saying that you don't believe us .... ;)

In both S3 and S4 modes, the only power that is "kept alive" is the +5V SB rail, which is rated at a maximum of 2A. So the maximum power that S3 & S4 could consume is 10W. In both S3 & S4, the NIC and USB ports are kept powered by the +5V SB and the only difference between S3 & S4 in terms of power consumption is that the RAM is kept in a low power state in S3, which consumes very little power (~1W).

Hence, you will find that both S3 & S4 will consume about 2W to 8W (depending upon the number of devices being "kept alive".

HTH .... :)

rgies

Portal Member
    August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have everyone a working record solution from S3. My system don't wakeup from S3 to record from tv. Microsoft MCE is working without this problems on the same system.

Thanks
    Robert

ngrigsby

Portal Member
    September 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use Hibernate because I have no UPS and a rather unpredictable electrical grid. Would probably switch to Standby otherwise. I use Powerscheduler to wake up from Hibernate and record, although this has been problematic lately. I'm not sure what I did, but for about a month I've had wake-up errors that crash MediaPortal about 75% of the time (MediaPortal has encountered an error and is forced to close, etc). I've taken to leaving the HTPC on whenever I have anything to record. Anyway, this is probably not the right context for troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom