What is the best way to handle .sub, .idx, .nfo files?

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by nzdreamer55, February 1, 2013.

1. nzdreamer55
    • Premium Supporter

nzdreamer55 MP Donator

Veterinarian
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Hello everyone,

I am cleaning up my media library and don't know what to do with these type of files that are associated with my media files so that MY-TVseries handles these easily.

With my movies I usually have 1 folder with the media file within it and the other ancillary files in the same folder, but I'm not sure if this is how I should set up folders for MY-TVseries. It was not a problem before as I usually just deleted these things, but now I am wondering if I should keep them.

I usually save the media file with stuff in the name (720p) (ACC) (6Ch) (x264) so I know what the file is like, but I am not sure that I want a folder with this much data within the name. I am afraid that I might run into a path length issue (> 255 characters).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    -S

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    have the subtitle with the exact same filename as the movie. If having multiple subtitles then have filename-language

eg.

Breaking Bad 720P X264 S01E01.mkv
    Breaking Bad 720P X264 S01E01.srt

Californication S01E01 - Pilot.mkv
    Californication S01E01 - Pilot-English.srt
    Californication S01E01 - Pilot-French.srt

Alternatively they can be placed in a sub folder that is definied in MP Config
    [​IMG]

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/00_Configuration/2_Videos

If you have nicely named files then you can delete the .nfo file

Last edited: February 1, 2013
  4. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,691 / 2
    It also benefits to always add the language tag to filename, so it shows nicely inside MePo when you want to enable the subtitle via F9/Info, even when it is only one to select.

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!