What is the best way to handle .sub, .idx, .nfo files? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I am cleaning up my media library and don't know what to do with these type of files that are associated with my media files so that MY-TVseries handles these easily.

With my movies I usually have 1 folder with the media file within it and the other ancillary files in the same folder, but I'm not sure if this is how I should set up folders for MY-TVseries. It was not a problem before as I usually just deleted these things, but now I am wondering if I should keep them.

I usually save the media file with stuff in the name (720p) (ACC) (6Ch) (x264) so I know what the file is like, but I am not sure that I want a folder with this much data within the name. I am afraid that I might run into a path length issue (> 255 characters).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    -S

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    have the subtitle with the exact same filename as the movie. If having multiple subtitles then have filename-language

eg.

Breaking Bad 720P X264 S01E01.mkv
    Breaking Bad 720P X264 S01E01.srt

Californication S01E01 - Pilot.mkv
    Californication S01E01 - Pilot-English.srt
    Californication S01E01 - Pilot-French.srt

Alternatively they can be placed in a sub folder that is definied in MP Config
    =Subtitles.PNG

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/00_Configuration/2_Videos

If you have nicely named files then you can delete the .nfo file

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It also benefits to always add the language tag to filename, so it shows nicely inside MePo when you want to enable the subtitle via F9/Info, even when it is only one to select.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom