What is the logic when identifying episodes? (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I am naming my recorded episodes in the format "House of Cards - 2x09 - Bauernopfer.ts".

Sky recently broadcasted House of Cards episode 4x08, which in German has the same name "Bauernopfer" as episode 2x09. However, after importing the new recording, episode 4x08 was displayed as not present within MP. I then found out that it was sorted under season 2 where I was now having two episodes 9 with the same name, pointing to two different files.

I would have thought that the program logic would be to recognize the season/epsiode descriptors within the file name, but I seem to be wrong. Changing "House of Cards - 4x08 - Bauernopfer.ts" into ... S04E08... allowed proper import into the database. Personally I prefer the 1x01 nomenclature over S01E01, the former is also displayed within the TVSeries configuration, hence I wonder if this is a flaw or if really need to use the SE nomenclature.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It should work out of the box as 2x09, maybe you have played with the expressions which prevent it from picking it up. Try resetting them.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    maybe you have played with the expressions which prevent it from picking it up.
    I don't recall that I would have ever touched them. My RegEx knowledge has gottten a litle bit rusty as I haven't actively used it for about 10 years now. Nonetheless I did as you instruct and indeed the last regex entry disappeared. I the renamed said file into ..4x09.. and rereun the import.

Unfortunately the result is the same. 4x09 is still mapped to 2x08:
    Mapping.JPG

I realized though that on this screen mapping logic is set to "tiltle". I changed it to "absolute", which then yields the desired result :). Admittedly I don't rememeber if I have ever touched this option and would not know which is the standard after a fresh install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom