What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin? (2 Viewers)

What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zpower

Portal Pro
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
What i want to see in next release of trakt?

When i rating after see movie or a serie on trakt, its possible to vote simultaneous on IMDb?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When i rating after see movie or a serie on trakt, its possible to vote simultaneous on IMDb?
    Sorry, there will probably never be that functionality. This is a trakt plugin so will strictly be trakt only, besides you would need to have a public API for IMDb for such functionality. From my understanding there is no IMDb API available to the public.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How about adding support for an "in Watchlist" overlay that can be shown in Basic Home (Latest media), Moving Pictures, MP TV-Series and My Videos?

This overlay would then be a small icon, perhaps at the bottom left side of a movie poster, diagonally opposite of the "new" overlay many skins use?

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How about adding support for an "in Watchlist" overlay that can be shown in Basic Home (Latest media), Moving Pictures, MP TV-Series and My Videos?

This overlay would then be a small icon, perhaps at the bottom left side of a movie poster, diagonally opposite of the "new" overlay many skins use?
    It's a nice idea, I could expose skin properties for the skinners to add the overlay when in list layouts however they please. To do it like we do in the trakt plugin though requires it to be done by the respective plugin providing the images as it would need to be done in memory before the image is added to the facade.

Anyway, you can add your idea to the issue tracker: https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/issues?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry, there will probably never be that functionality. This is a trakt plugin so will strictly be trakt only, besides you would need to have a public API for IMDb for such functionality. From my understanding there is no IMDb API available to the public.
    For what's it worth I have created a seperate application which can import your ratings/watchlist to trakt.tv from IMDb.com, it also supports other sites such as themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com:
    https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater/releases

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    For what's it worth I have created a seperate application which can import your ratings/watchlist to trakt.tv from IMDb.com, it also supports other sites such as themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com:
    https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater/releases

Cant open v1.1.0 Release only v1.0.2 Release :(

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi zpower, can you use this thread to discuss any issues with the tool https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mdb-to-trakt-tv-also-tmdb-and-thetvdb.125197/.

I can't see why one will work and the other does not, nothing has changed with the minimum requirements, when you post your issue in the proper thread provide some details like any error messages that you see, maybe something is logged to the windows event logger.

The only thing I can suggest is re-install .Net 4 Client Profile and download the file again in case it was corrupt.

EDIT: Try downloading file again, I made a change which addressed an issue on my Win8 box so it may fix it for you as well.

Last edited:

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Apparently that change you made works for me.
    Big thanks :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Automatic reconnection to the server, in an unsuccessful attempt at the start media portal, say 30 seconds, and if it fails then after 1 minute. Also, if there was no connection, connect during playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom