What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin? (2 Viewers)

What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Automatic reconnection to the server, in an unsuccessful attempt at the start media portal, say 30 seconds, and if it fails then after 1 minute. Also, if there was no connection, connect during playback.
    Sounds good, will probably just keep it simple and re-check on next scrobble ever X mins.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Sounds good, will probably just keep it simple and re-check on next scrobble ever X mins.
    I'm on the same computer at the start of why it is not connected, if you go directly to the plugin and try to connect, then calmly connected.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Automatic reconnection to the server, in an unsuccessful attempt at the start media portal, say 30 seconds, and if it fails then after 1 minute. Also, if there was no connection, connect during playback.
    I've changed the way the plugin does web requests in the next version, maybe your issue will go away. I never really understood why your attempts were unsuccessful to begin with.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Will add it to the list, would be nice to have peoples opinions on how it should look (even possible skin designs).
    Whats come to mind is that you have three views
    1) Series
    Series listed sorted by progress
    In list layout add percentage in title2 (do you use this for other information maybe?)
    In other layouts, maybe add a new overlay to the memory images showing percentage in lower right, or maybe a "progress bar" image in the bottom of the image
    Filter by completed and ended
    2) Seasons
    As in series, except filtering
    3) Episodes
    As other episodes views (with watched markers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It would be nice to be able to filter the progress so that you can see if you have gaps in the watched history. Sometimes, I have 80% for some season where I am sure I've watched the whole season, and will have to manually change those episodes to "watched".

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think all of that is reasonable and do-able. Thanks.

In list layout add percentage in title2 (do you use this for other information maybe?)
    It is used, but as with other areas of the plugin I use a seperate Window to make it very flexible in terms of skin design. I think it makes sense to show percentages in the label2 for a Progess GUI.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It would be nice to be able to filter the progress so that you can see if you have gaps in the watched history. Sometimes, I have 80% for some season where I am sure I've watched the whole season, and will have to manually change those episodes to "watched".
    Yeah, I could do something to make it obvious that gaps exist. A 'Hide Completed' filter should cover that.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I thought I would talk about some other features which I can possibly do with the new API in v2...

* Resume where you left off in another room. The API now saves your progress and can be synced back when starting up another computer linked to the same account, I could technically insert the resume times into the corresponding plugins and optionally start the episode/movie automatically.
    * Season ratings, you can now rate seasons. I could create a feature where it auto-rates seasons basis the underlying episode user ratings. This would be an average of all the seasons episodes ratings. I would still make it possible to rate a season manually.
    * There is a replies object on comments/shouts. I can now make it possible to enter a comment to view replies.
    * You can now 'like' a comment/shout or a List. I would find that particularly useful when reading comments after watching an episode.
    * Popular Movies/Shows GUI, not to be confused with Trending as some translations would lead you to believe. This is based on popularity and not what people are currently watching.
    * Support for searching Lists. We can already 'Copy' a persons list from the Lists GUI when browsing your Network's Lists, this would make it possible to explore many more lists and copy ones you like.

That's a few things which have popped into my head the last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom