What's your top 3 requests after 0.2 Final. (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    [XStream said:
    ]Agree with you gds.

Also i have three feature requests.
    Record to mpeg as has already been mentioned.
    A more tightly integrated cutter, mender and burner (this is also in order to achieve the next point)
    I don't know how hard this really is to do but a more professional approach inside mp would be nice. As it is now i have to explain to my parents that they can go into My Tv and then recordings to see and compress/convert what has been recorded and then they have to go to My Burner, where they can also convert, in order to burn it all to a dvd.

I agree and ask to make the entire MediaPortal experience as easy as using a game console. The less PC-like, the better. IMHO.

dipunm

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2006
    my three would be,

1) allow skin files to be changed universally (eg. when using certain plugins, you need to add extra files or add a button to the existing skin... to be able to put this in 1 folder and then see the effects on all skins would be awesome

2) optimise for widescreen tv using zoom mode when inputting via s-video to fake the signal comming through as widescreen without distortion (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=110147#110147)

3) more, more, more inside mp and less outside to allow for family to use withou worry

Olivier-h

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2004
    My only wish is : VLC intetgration because it's light-weighted ( cpu use is very low), free and can play almost all formats you can need (real audio e.g).

theisj@webspeed.dk

August 16, 2006
    Denmark
    this should be quite simple... but i´m too stupid to code.

1. If the user was able to sort the menu on the homescreen

2. I would like to open mediaplayer or itunes directly when i press the my music button

and last but not least good job so far...

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    theisj@webspeed.dk said:
    this should be quite simple... but i´m too stupid to code.

1. If the user was able to sort the menu on the homescreen
    go to setup-plugins-select the home plugin, goto its configuration, second tab and start sorting:wink:
    2. I would like to open mediaplayer or itunes directly when i press the my music button
    You can more or less emulate this in some ways:
    -Via my programs
    -Or, even better: Use the the Multishortcut hack/plugin. Rename to My iTunes (or anything else, drop My music off your menu (see 1) and add the shortcut. Just not sure whether this still works with 0.2.0.x
    You just leave me wondering why you want to start a 2-feet-distance GUI from a 10 feet one. :?:

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    MP is still the best out there but here are my three requests.

- Client / Server also has my vote
    - Setup/configuration intergrated into Mediaportal.
    - Support for multi-core processors as multi-core processors is the future. Dual-core processors are already out and Quad-core processors should come out sometime in 2007. I think it will greatly help performance of MP.

shawnwc

Portal Member
    August 11, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Coverflow, PopupClock,etc

1. A Coverflow clone in the music part of MP.
    2. A popup clock for any menu (weather, loading of music folders,etc) that requires more than a 25th of a second.
    3. A popup warning when MP intends to change the channel to record a show ("Changing to 04-CBS to Record BLAH BLAH BLAH, Ok Cancel"... 6 seconds and it's "ok" by default)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    3. A popup warning when MP intends to change the channel to record a show ("Changing to 04-CBS to Record BLAH BLAH BLAH, Ok Cancel"... 6 seconds and it's "ok" by default)

From the sounds of it... you have owned a ReplayTV at one point in time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom