What's your top 3 requests after 0.2 Final. (1 Viewer)

sdatha

April 3, 2006
Closed captions (for ATI THEATER 550 PRO Products)

Closed captions.
Remote viewing as a media server (I use orb.com today and it works pretty well).
Closed captions.

Great product!

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
mzemina said:
...But I would like to have the date format allowed to be changed throughout MP (available on any screen/skin) and not just on the home screen plugin. I would like to have an English-US version that would allow displaying in Month/DD/YY (or MM-DD-YY) format. On my homescreen I have it customised to show "Day - Month DD" - I like it and just would like to see it in that (or similar to just the month in front of the day) format on all screens. It gets confusing at first when I am looking to record Jerry Springer (just kidding - I don't watch him even when bored) and I don't know (at first) if the upcoming episodes are on May 4th or April 5th - it is displayed as 4-4 & 5-4.

Would anyone else in the MP community who lives in the US (or is used to this format) like this also?

Mike

I would like this also, and maybe a "mute to subtitle" option. I would like to be able to press the mute key and DVD subtitles are enabled.

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
My requests:

1. Stability
2. Stability!
3. Speed/responsiveness

MP already has a very nice featureset. I think it's better to focus on a rock stable core product and then develop from there.

I tried Meedio once, and it seemed way faster and more responsive than MP currently is, and uses less system resources.

Just my 2 cents...

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    How about allowing a context appropriate help screens that could be displayed from each screen - for each plugin. Then helpful hints (hidden info) plus remote & keyboard buttons <-> Commands would be visible instead of needing to paste them onto the coffee table so anyone else would know what to do - instead of yelling across the house - "Hey Dad, what button do I press to..."

Mike

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    • #1) WebEPG or XMLTV/zap2it working integration within setup for USA
      #2) Hauppauge PVR-500 MCE bugs ironed out
      #3) Speed/Responsiveness to remote control

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    1. voice recognition
    2. update button, and plugin/skin installer within MP (rss pherhaps)
    3. my torrents plugin. Give it full control of azureus installed on another computer thru LAN.

A Frater

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Brisbane,Australia
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1 Stability
    2 Speed
    3 Comskip intergration(poss once TS recording done)
    4 Telephone answer machine ?
    Could be plugin idea here

AlexS

Portal Member
    March 13, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Weather plugin

At present we can pull down sat images etc from weather.com. I would like to see a key above/below each map image to tell me what the weather symbols/colours actually mean.

Oh and when I change TV channels, I see the station and a green bar above it. There is nothing that tells me what this bar indicates.

At present I can't alt/enter in TV mode (display goes screwy in HVR1300) but that's more of a bug at time of posting (hopefully this will be sorted for release). A lot more work needs to be done in the settings section (unstable and I can't tune radio/dvb/analogue individually).

Oh and so say all of us - stability!

Keep up the great work.....

Cheers

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom